PDA

View Full Version : Apple watercolour

Digital-Seed
09-30-2020, 08:26 AM
Hi all.
More experimenting with watercolour today.
Still trying to learn how everything works and how paint reacts to different settings.
I think this will take some time to learn but I shall keep on going.
Today’s subject is a simple apple, apt as I’m doing it on my new iPad Pro.
Still not super happy with the results but I have learned a few more things while painting it which is the purpose.100104

D Akey
09-30-2020, 11:14 AM
Hey, looks delicious to me. You know what they say: 'An apple a day turns painting into play.' . . . or something like that. I'm not great with exact quotes.

You seem to have good control. I always seemed to err on the side of being too wild and often spoiled my experiments by getting carried away. I think you're going to make quicker headway than I did.

Digital-Seed
09-30-2020, 12:02 PM
Hey, looks delicious to me. You know what they say: 'An apple a day turns painting into play.' . . . or something like that. I'm not great with exact quotes.

You seem to have good control. I always seemed to err on the side of being too wild and often spoiled my experiments by getting carried away. I think you're going to make quicker headway than I did.

So many thanks for the kind words. To tell the truth this is my first ever attempt at painting still life and a piece of fruit for that matter lol.
I have always just sketched and don't have much experience with colors. I was a little intimidated at first, but now I'm really enjoying myself playing with color and especially watercolors now :)

Enug
09-30-2020, 07:04 PM
Yum! Looks nice enough to eat.

Digital-Seed
10-01-2020, 06:22 AM
Yum! Looks nice enough to eat.

Many thanks June. I really enjoyed painting this apple. It gave me some much needed practice with colours.

kenmo
10-06-2020, 04:25 AM
Fantastic!!!

Digital-Seed
10-06-2020, 04:44 AM
Fantastic!!!

Many thanks for the kind comment :)