PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Strachan caricature 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Leeds united

danny72
09-28-2020, 08:36 AM
100087Gordon was a great soccer player! From Scotland100088Sketch drawing

Digital-Seed
09-29-2020, 07:30 AM
Very cool :) He has a very energetic pose.

danny72
09-29-2020, 10:57 AM
Very cool :) He has a very energetic pose.

Thank you! :-)

D Akey
09-29-2020, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I love your ability to nail the vast array of complexions and facial types in your many caricatures.

I could definitely see this guy's relatives pulling an oar on a longboat 900 years ago.

Nice one, Danny!

stickmen
09-29-2020, 03:12 PM
I love this, especially with the preliminary sketch.
There are so many questions I would like to ask you regarding producing such a quality piece, i.e. how long to do sketch, what training have you had, how do you start the painting process once you have the sketch, etc, etc ?
The trouble with seeing such a fine piece of art is that it makes a novice, like me, worry that the gap is to wide to span.
I am going to try though lol!
Jeff

danny72
09-29-2020, 11:25 PM
I love this, especially with the preliminary sketch.
There are so many questions I would like to ask you regarding producing such a quality piece, i.e. how long to do sketch, what training have you had, how do you start the painting process once you have the sketch, etc, etc ?
The trouble with seeing such a fine piece of art is that it makes a novice, like me, worry that the gap is to wide to span.
I am going to try though lol!
Jeff Thanks Jeff... I start with a base colour. A midrange colour.. Then I work to the lights and darks. Mostly I'm all over place.. I work from 1 layer when it begins to look right.. this one took almost 10 hours to make.. The sketch and design is the hardest part.. To get a good likeness..I have no background training. .. I took a curse on Schoolism (Jason Seiler) That helped a bit.. But he works from Photoshop.. We have Artrage.. That's hard to compare..

danny72
09-29-2020, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I love your ability to nail the vast array of complexions and facial types in your many caricatures.

I could definitely see this guy's relatives pulling an oar on a longboat 900 years ago.

Nice one, Danny!Thank you :-)