PDA

View Full Version : Over the Horizon: will we see an Artrage 7 soon?

Catmandolin
09-21-2020, 09:57 AM
I love 6 but i am greedy for more of course.

Stephen Lo Piano
09-23-2020, 01:48 AM
Greedy? Newer versions seem to improve features and buying their products is a motivation for them to improve, Art Rage needs a way to make money while working on such.

Art Rage brought about one of the more futuristic improvements thinking of their users instead of controlling the user's ability to use their software. They made Art Rage usable on a Linux operating system through the WINE application. Many other software producers that you pay for try to close you into limited use dictated by their control, restricting your freedom and flexibility for use. Linux may well be the most popular operating system in the future and Ambient Design has the foresight to take this into consideration when creating software for their users, allowing more freedom, flexibility, and creativity.

AndyRage
09-23-2020, 10:10 AM
I'm not one to gossip, but....
Yes. Soon-ish.
As always, it's taking longer to get it out the door than we expect.

DarkOwnt
09-24-2020, 12:03 PM
I'm not one to gossip, but....
Yes. Soon-ish.
As always, it's taking longer to get it out the door than we expect.

Need any beta testers? ;)

vis_gen
04-02-2021, 02:23 PM
Although not officially supported at this time would you like to have a Linux Beta Tester - I'm currently (successfully) running AR5 on a Manjaro OS-based system. Two of my main interests are studying Concept Art and Animation. :D

RedSaucers
04-03-2021, 03:50 AM
I would also like to add that I am successfully running ArtRage 6 on Manjaro, simply installed using Wine.

Pat McDonald
04-03-2021, 06:55 AM
Andy, Good news. Distinctly good news.

The market never stands still. Artrage is simply the best, but ...

Pat

AndyRage
04-06-2021, 09:26 AM
Just to update...
Last year was somewhat more complicated that anyone anticipated for soooooo many reasons.
We're close to release of the major update to ArtRage for Windows and MacOS.
Yes, it's taking much longer than we wanted.

Thank you all for your patience!

DarkOwnt
04-06-2021, 12:20 PM
Hurrah!!

Can’t wait to get the next iteration!

Pat McDonald
04-07-2021, 05:56 AM
Agree, can’t wait ...

Krigen813
04-07-2021, 02:05 PM
I've been so busy with school that I haven't drawn anything snice that nebula in January. I'll still buy the AR7 upgrade the instant I can :)

nekomata
04-08-2021, 06:10 PM
that is amazing news! very excited to see what you guys were working on.

murulis
06-10-2021, 09:03 PM
Just to update...
Last year was somewhat more complicated that anyone anticipated for soooooo many reasons.

Any new update on release date?

picto
06-18-2021, 02:06 PM
Just to update...

Hi Andy, I want to buy AR6 but it seems that I will need to pay for the upgrade really soon... Do you have any update on the AR7 release date?

murulis
07-02-2021, 05:49 AM
No response on Artrage 7 release status. Looks like it is may not come. Very sad

murulis
07-19-2021, 11:02 PM
Since there is no update from Artrage, planning to move to Rebelle. Has anyone using already?

nekomata
07-20-2021, 07:01 PM
yeah there's a rebelle discussion somewhere, but you're both evidently too lazy to look it up, and too clueless to read a lack of response as a sign that artrage developers are engrossed in their work and don't go online to chat here.

as a valuable member of this community providing us with a total of three posts, you're definitely welcome to use anything else. there's no shortage of alternative apps for painters.

murulis
07-21-2021, 06:57 AM
yeah there's a rebelle discussion somewhere, but you're both evidently too lazy to look it up, and too clueless to read a lack of response as a sign that artrage developers are engrossed in their work and don't go online to chat here.

as a valuable member of this community providing us with a total of three posts, you're definitely welcome to use anything else. there's no shortage of alternative apps for painters.

As a senior member of the community, you should understand this is not a technical question. So, anyone from Artrage team could have answered. First go and read the thread properly. Instead of advising, anyone could have responded. Here I am not referring to my question. There was a student following up on update.

Incidentally, I used the Rebelle to wake people up.

Absolutely you are right. There is no shortage of alternative apps. As a Artrage user for 10 years, there is kind of relationship built. You dont understand this.

If Artage treat person of your calibre as a senior member, it is high time to leave the community. utter nonsense.

nekomata
07-21-2021, 08:38 PM
anyone from Artrage team could have answered.

it's a small team. there's no social media assistant anymore.

I find it highly puzzling that an artrage user of ten years doesn't remember that a new version gets announced a few weeks ahead of the release on the official website and by e-mail.

Incidentally, I used the Rebelle to wake people up.

Absolutely you are right. There is no shortage of alternative apps. As a Artrage user for 10 years, there is kind of relationship built. You dont understand this.

If Artage treat person of your calibre as a senior member, it is high time to leave the community. utter nonsense.

go to bed, Karen, you're drunk.

AndyRage
07-22-2021, 11:07 AM
Yes.
Soon.
When it's done.
:cool:

Selby
07-22-2021, 11:45 AM
And it will be worth the wait it always is!

DarkOwnt
07-22-2021, 01:13 PM
so excited!

murulis
07-23-2021, 03:32 AM
Any day... Long live Artrage

murulis
07-23-2021, 03:33 AM
Cheers 🥂 Good night

steph
08-05-2021, 07:43 PM
I hope ArtRage Vitae is not ArtRage 7 in disguise. I'll never buy anything in the shitty Windows Store!

J. Baker
08-06-2021, 02:12 AM
I hope ArtRage Vitae is not ArtRage 7 in disguise. I'll never buy anything in the shitty Windows Store!

Not a fan of OS stores either. I only say that because I use to develop for OS X and then the guidelines of what could be done or how your app could function ended one of my apps from being developed on the Mac App Store. When developers start using the OS store for their only way of distribution, don't be surprised when you find new limitations of how your app can function. I now use Windows as I was not a fan of Apples dictatorship.

AndyRage
08-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Not a fan of OS stores either. I only say that because I use to develop for OS X and then the guidelines of what could be done or how your app could function ended one of my apps from being developed on the Mac App Store. When developers start using the OS store for their only way of distribution, don't be surprised when you find new limitations of how your app can function. I now use Windows as I was not a fan of Apples dictatorship.

There are certainly some challenges to getting an application playing nicely with the respective stores - I'll not deny that.
But I think we've done a good job of keeping all the existing stuff working (my bug reports will prove me wrong later...) and adding new functionality.

By moving to the App Stores we've made it easier for our customers. There's no more messing with downloading installers and DMGs. There's no more managing serial numbers (which you'd be surprised how many customers lose!). There's no more checking if new updates need to be downloaded or installed. That's all now managed by Apple and Microsoft. It also means schools automatically get discounts for students.

Our intention is to give in every was as good (well hopefully better!) application with ArtRage Vitae as we gave with ArtRage 6, but with the extra ease of managing licensing and installations, and updates.

We understand there are some people who refuse to use the Windows Store and Apple App store for applications. We'll continue to support ArtRage 6 for at least a few more years. And ArtRage 6 will remain available for purchase for new ArtRage people who dont want to buy in the Stores.

Thanks,
Andy B.

J. Baker
08-07-2021, 01:24 AM
We understand there are some people who refuse to use the Windows Store and Apple App store for applications. We'll continue to support ArtRage 6 for at least a few more years. And ArtRage 6 will remain available for purchase for new ArtRage people who dont want to buy in the Stores.

Thanks,
Andy B.

As a developer myself, I understand why you want to use the OS stores, as I did once too. Anyway, I'm glad to see AR 6 will still be supported for some time. I hope the snap to grid feature gets fixed in it, like for Vitae and maybe HiDPI.