PDA

View Full Version : How to move the Tint / Tone Picker

Phillip Anthony
09-15-2020, 05:35 AM
Greetings,
I just purchased ArtRage and would like to go from this:

to this:

The manual was not much help. I tried the tool bar and could not find a solution. I'm sure I overlooked something.

Thanks!

markw
09-15-2020, 12:34 PM
Hello Phillip and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
I think what you are looking for here is 'Docking Mode'.
In the top Menubar go to; View > Interface Mode > Docking Mode.
You can read a bit more about the different Interface Modes here: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/getting-started-artrage/artrage-5-quick-start-guide/

Phillip Anthony
09-15-2020, 04:50 PM
Greetings Mark,

Thanks for your help.

After viewing several AR video tutorials I failed to find any mention of how to do this, so I went back to AR and began trying to figure this out on my own. By accident, I somehow made the color wheel appear in its own panel. This happened only after I 'docked' the color picker. My goal was to activate the triadic feature of the color wheel and once I got the color wheel panel docked, it all came together.

While I did succeed in finding a solution, I think it's a shame that the AR 'manual' that I found was no help in this regard. If this is a new feature to AR 6, these features still need to be documented somewhere.

I am coming from a PS and Corel Painter background and prefer the 'side panel' or 'dock' look to my workspace. AR is so much simpler to use, but for what I can tell so far, is just as robust as PS or CP

Thanks again for your help,
Phillip