PDA

View Full Version : Watercolour cat.

Enug
08-30-2020, 08:00 PM
I had fun with this. :)

markw
08-31-2020, 03:17 AM
Now this is interesting June. Very "tactile”:cool:
The Watercolour brush really dose lend itself to playing with textures!

Somerset
08-31-2020, 03:40 AM
Wow, that's magic! The green glowing eyes, contrasting to the red and yellow shaded fur... And the rough, crispy texture... Verry expressive! And impressive too.

Enug
08-31-2020, 05:48 PM
Thank you Mark and Somerset - yes ArtRage is so much fun. I've really loved experimenting with water colours.

D Akey
09-01-2020, 03:53 AM
Almost like a 1920s graphic. Love it. I can see how this would have been a lot of fun.

I find that it can be really fun when I get in there and play around and it works. For me it's almost like relief combined with visual appreciation for the art.

In yours I particularly like the silhouette shape delineated in a free form way with the character of the outer lines and then of course the transition of the color and scrubbed paint look with the tooth of the paper and all that. But what's most delightful is that it really captures a vibe for the graceful ease of the cat itself. Nice strategic color placement and those eyes are a great touch.

Good one, June! Stick this one in your bag of tricks.

Enug
09-01-2020, 12:34 PM
DA thank you. It really surprised me how it turned out - like it had a mind of it's own and took me along for the ride.