PDA

View Full Version : Text options on Artrage 6 Upgrade

Wolfgang
08-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Now upgraded from Studio pro to 6, I discover the ttf fonts that 6 reads from my win10os ttf's are basically a choice of ONE.
Times.

I'm hoping that a fix will be in a 6upgrade, due shortly perhaps?. But in the meanwhile can I use my old studio pro AR version and transfer text into 6 As a kind of workaround???

Is there a process to deal with this?

Or, can I open a folder for separately downloaded ttf's to store in the AR6 folder?????

Is there a 6 upgrade coming out soon??

Thanks for any insight on this 6 version text set back

Somerset
08-18-2020, 11:32 AM
Hi Wolfgang!

Are you sure? There are only Times-Presets in the Presets Window, that is true. But you should have most of your fonts, installed under Windows, appearing in the Tool Settings Window of the Text Tool (as shown in the screenshot below). You have to click on the menu Font (on my Screenshot Font: Altitude Pro). Than the Window Select Font appears.

Wolfgang
08-19-2020, 06:50 AM
Mine comes up looking like this;
Looks like its not finding my win 10 fonts.

markw
08-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Hello Wolfgang,
You seem to have the Text Presets window open there. If you are wanting to access the fonts on your system you need to do it via the Text Tool panel itself.
On the Text Tool panel click on the button bearing the currently selected font. This should then bring up the list of available fonts found on your system.
You can use Presets for easy access to often used fonts but these are just lists in effect, to tell AR what to load. The actual fonts themselves will still be in the default font location for your system, not inside AR.

Somerset
08-19-2020, 09:16 AM
If you can't find the Settings Panel, open the View Menu. Tool Settings is the seventh item. Or press Ctrl+Alt+O. The Tool Settings Panel is the basic Panel to make adjustments for every active tool. These adjustments can be saved as Presets, if you want to work with exactly these adjustments again later.

Wolfgang
08-19-2020, 02:05 PM
Thanks much for your help!

Wolfgang
08-19-2020, 02:07 PM
Got it !! TY Much!

Wolfgang
08-19-2020, 02:09 PM
TY much got it

Nor
01-05-2024, 08:40 AM
Can anybody help please? The toolbox has disappeared from the toolbar at bottom of screen

markw
01-05-2024, 02:34 PM
Can anybody help please? The toolbox has disappeared from the toolbar at bottom of screen
Hi Nor, which AR version are you using? I’m not sure what you mean by; ...the toolbar at bottom of screen
Could you be referring to the Corner Tools panel found in the bottom Left corner of the screen when in Classic Mode?
If yes, then in AR5, 6 or Vitae, go to View > Classic Mode Panels > Corner Tool Picker and make sure it is selected.

Nor
01-06-2024, 09:47 AM
Hi marks

Thank you for replying. I’m using v.2.4.0. I haven’t used it for a while. I’m not sure I have terminology correct but the box where you could choose effects on bottom left has disappeared

markw
01-06-2024, 01:29 PM
Hi marks
Thank you for replying. I’m using v.2.4.0. I haven’t used it for a while. I’m not sure I have terminology correct but the box where you could choose effects on bottom left has disappeared
Oh wow, you’re talking real old school AR!
I don’t still have a copy of 2 anymore. Don't recall which version of 2 it was though, not that my current computer could run it now anyway as it would be a 32bit app!
But yes…, there was a “Pod” at the bottom centre of the screen back then.
It gave you access to; References, Stencils, Tracing, er Transform Tool?, and a couple of other things if I recall correctly?
Bot no “Effects” that I can recall…? What kind of Effects were you thinking of?
But in the bottom Left corner was, I thought, the Tool Picker for choosing your brushes?

I seem to remember that all Pods had little green “Tabs” that could be used to collapse the Pod attached to it. Leaving only it’s little green Tab visible.
Clicking on a Tab would make the whole Pod pop up or Hide it again (or could you click & drag the whole Pod out with the Tab…?)
But you should still have a Menubar at the top of the screen, if you click on; View dose that give options for which Pods are visible?