PDA

View Full Version : Belly up!

Enug
08-16-2020, 12:10 PM
Or should I name it "Cat on Beach" Watercolour using AR brush and a custom brush.

ENCHANTER
08-18-2020, 12:51 PM
Awwww. Meow.

Excellent watercolour!

Enug
08-18-2020, 07:33 PM
Thanks Enchanter - that was a bit of 'click bait' wasn't it?:rolleyes: I'm experimenting more with digital watercolour, though airbrush is my favourite tool.

D Akey
08-19-2020, 03:43 AM
Boy, those are some serious tan lines! Like the cat fell asleep on its stomach in the sun for a long time and now it's turning the untanned part up toward the sun trying to balance out.

What a joy to be at the beach. This is like a cat that's gone native on holiday hanging out with the seals and walruses.

The painting's really lovely on so many levels. But I must comment on your color choices in the white in particular. There's a warm and cool subtlety to it, where the white has some of the sand color hinted at as if it's actually reflecting it. That's something that often happens when painting in the real world where after a while the colors on the palette actually get a little bit mixed together if one is using the same brush. The pleasant by-product is that the colors are a bit more harmonious than when using colors that may be more clean and thus separate.