PDA

View Full Version : Custom Artrage 6 brushes

Confusionofconformity
08-14-2020, 12:38 PM
Hi guys. I just got Artrage 6 and was playing around with the brushes... Here are a few oil painters for you!

The loose texture brushes are very similar. play around with them to see the difference.\

To get a good texture effect with the medium texture brushes and the heavy texture with blending brush, I recommend using short strokes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OucUTj_PAR2gDGIBdI8h36yHHYTQcp6p?usp=sharing

Sample - real color blending was off.

Somerset
08-14-2020, 08:47 PM
Hi Confusionofconformity!

Nice Stuff! Have to test it a little more, but it looks verry useful. Thanx for it!

Confusionofconformity
08-15-2020, 02:27 AM
no prob. some of the differences between them are subtle.

kris_lap
08-27-2020, 08:49 AM
Hi,

Was expecting .abr files.
How to instal the .prs files linked please ?

Thank you.

All the best

Kris.

markw
08-27-2020, 01:14 PM
Hello Kris and welcome to the ArtRage forums:)
No, AR mostly uses it’s own .prs format for brushes. It can use .abr brushes, though they need a bit of setting after installing. But that’s probably a topic for another time!
With these Custom Brush presets, once you have unzipped the download you need to put the 2 folders; SLR Painters and SLR Texture Brushes into the Custom Brush presets folder in AR.
To do this, launch AR6 and in the Menubar go to; Tools > Brows Content Folders > Tool Presets…
In the window that opens find the 'Custom Brush' folder and place the two new folders containing the presets in there.
Now relaunch AR6 and the SLR brushes will be available from the Presets Panel when using the Custom Brush.

kris_lap
08-27-2020, 07:36 PM
Hello Kris and welcome to the ArtRage forums:)
No, AR mostly uses it’s own .prs format for brushes. It can use .abr brushes, though they need a bit of setting after installing. But that’s probably a topic for another time!
With these Custom Brush presets, once you have unzipped the download you need to put the 2 folders; SLR Painters and SLR Texture Brushes into the Custom Brush presets folder in AR.
To do this, launch AR6 and in the Menubar go to; Tools > Brows Content Folders > Tool Presets…
In the window that opens find the 'Custom Brush' folder and place the two new folders containing the presets in there.
Now relaunch AR6 and the SLR brushes will be available from the Presets Panel when using the Custom Brush.

Thank you for your answer.
I wanted to write : expected .arpack files instead of .abr. Just tired sometime.
it works.

kris_lap
08-27-2020, 07:37 PM
Thank you very much.

Drayldan
04-12-2021, 10:32 AM
@Confusionofconformity
Thanx for interesting brushes!
Just one question:
What is "SLR old oil brush.prs copy" and where should I put it for proper use? :o

Somerset
04-13-2021, 12:58 AM
Hi Drayldan!

I think that is a mistake. Should work if you only delete the " copy" (don't forget to delete even the space before "copy") and install the brush just like the others.

Confusionofconformity
04-20-2021, 04:22 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered peoples questions for me!

Glad you guys like the brushes. In practical use, I wasn't as happy with the brushes personally but I find them very useful for adding additional texture towards the end of a painting.

I will sometimes add a new layer that is just for texture. I set the layer to one of the transparent blend modes (multiply, darken, overlay, lighten, etc) and I paint over areas that I want more texture. soemtimes I play with other colors as well to add visual interest. You can play with the transparency of the layer to get either more or less of an effect. Here's an example where I used this effect with the native oil paints:

You could use a similar method with my texture brushes to add what looks like a thicker paint texture (to add both the highlights and the shadows in the texture of the brush, use overlay blend mode, and to only add shadows, use multiply/darken, and to only add highlights, use lighten modes). I believe I used color burn for this one because I wanted a more vibrant effect. (this painting was done in artrage 5 I believe).

Confusionofconformity
04-21-2021, 04:21 AM
They do make good painters thought it takes a bit of trial to figure out the pressure needed to build up texture vs knocking the texture down.

Here's a better tutorial to show you how to add texture to your flat painting... This is no masterpiece and it was unplanned, with no sketch, I was just playing around with the texture on top of flat paint...

how to add texture to a painting.... One of the reasons you would do this is if you have an older computer or ipad that has trouble with memory or working memory especially when using the desktop versions. This method also will unify the colors in your painting if you use the same color for all of the texture in overlay blend mode. This is using my custom texture brushes.

(mini Tutorial)

Pietro8
04-28-2021, 09:47 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered peoples questions for me!

Glad you guys like the brushes. In practical use, I wasn't as happy with the brushes personally but I find them very useful for adding additional texture towards the end of a painting.

I will sometimes add a new layer that is just for texture. I set the layer to one of the transparent blend modes (multiply, darken, overlay, lighten, etc) and I paint over areas that I want more texture. soemtimes I play with other colors as well to add visual interest. You can play with the transparency of the layer to get either more or less of an effect. Here's an example where I used this effect with the native oil paints:

You could use a similar method with my texture brushes to add what looks like a thicker paint texture (to add both the highlights and the shadows in the texture of the brush, use overlay blend mode, and to only add shadows, use multiply/darken, and to only add highlights, use lighten modes). I believe I used color burn for this one because I wanted a more vibrant effect. (this painting was done in artrage 5 I believe).

Thank you for sharing, it came out very natural, like a natural canvas!

kenmo
04-29-2021, 10:49 AM
Very nice effects. Now we have an alternative to Corel Painters heavy oils!!!!

kenmo
04-30-2021, 11:33 AM
I used these brushes to help finish off a painting I was working on & off for a month.

The end results can be seen in this thread.

These brushes are IMHO a must have.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?46981-Kenmo-s-Art-May-12-2017/page22

Confusionofconformity
05-03-2021, 03:27 AM
So glad you like them!!! Gorgeous result!!

Confusionofconformity
05-03-2021, 03:29 AM
I used these brushes to help finish off a painting I was working on & off for a month.

The end results can be seen in this thread.

These brushes are IMHO a must have.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?46981-Kenmo-s-Art-May-12-2017/page22

Gorgeous really! Glad people are able to use them!

brain-angles
10-09-2021, 03:57 PM
I was able to download the brushes and install them, but when they appear in the custom brushes I don't get a visual preview. Not sure what I did wrong.

Stay inspired!
Michelle:cool: