PDA

View Full Version : Landscape test of foliage using brush designer

ENCHANTER
08-02-2020, 02:42 PM

D Akey
08-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Cool, Enchanter. How do you like the tool? Was it easy to work with? :cool::cool::cool:

ENCHANTER
08-02-2020, 10:19 PM
I looked at some tutorials on youtube. Some very good painters/artists using Artrage.

I trialed and errored my way through.

I made these brushes which I am more happier with!!

I redone the scene.

Cool, Enchanter. How do you like the tool? Was it easy to work with? :cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
08-04-2020, 05:59 AM
Much better this second go, Enchanter. I think the variety between trees (and the leaves upon each) serves you. Finding a new tool is almost like suddenly discovering that one's car has cruise control on a long stretch of road. It's a wonderful thing to play with.

At this rate, if you build a catalog of variations in that tool, you'll be able to do all kinds of great landscapes in short order. Rendering each leaf in a scene like this would take forever.

Delighted to see you pursuing and refining a creative idea.

ENCHANTER
08-04-2020, 05:18 PM
Thanks Dakey.
Yep, refining a set of tools for foliage.
Been using acrylics and handpainting each leaf or bunch of leaves is an arduous task.

I also realised to use the custom brushes as and when needed and not just stampede all over the painting.

Much better this second go, Enchanter. I think the variety between trees (and the leaves upon each) serves you. Finding a new tool is almost like suddenly discovering that one's car has cruise control on a long stretch of road. It's a wonderful thing to play with.

At this rate, if you build a catalog of variations in that tool, you'll be able to do all kinds of great landscapes in short order. Rendering each leaf in a scene like this would take forever.

Delighted to see you pursuing and refining a creative idea.