PDA

View Full Version : Can i move a layer on canvas ?

Alexandros
05-03-2020, 03:55 AM
Hi .
Can i move a layer on the canvas independently from other layers?

I have ArtRage 5.8 Light

Alexandros

markw
05-03-2020, 01:23 PM
Hello Alexandros and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
Transforming a layer’s content can be done using the Transform Tool.
This can be accessed in a number of ways. But first make sure that you have the layer that you want to transform selected in the Layers panel.
Then do one of the following;
1: Click on the Transform tools icon in the Menu Bar and then click on the canvas.
Or;
2: From the Menu Bar go to; Tools > Layer Options > ‘Transform Layer Contents’.
Or;
3: Right click on a layer in the Layers Panel or left click it’s menu icon there and from the popup menu choose; ‘Transform Layer Contents.’

Once activated by one of the above methods the contents of the selected layer will have a Transform box put around it and the Transform Panel will also open.
The selected content can now be Moved, Rotated, Scaled, etc…
After making your adjustments click the tick box in the bottom right corner of the Transform Panel or hit Return on the keyboard.

You can find more detailed info on all of the above here: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/digital-utility-tools/transformations/

Alexandros
05-04-2020, 03:32 AM
Hello Alexandros and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
2: From the Menu Bar go to; Tools > Layer Options > ‘Transform Layer Contents’.

Once activated by one of the above methods the contents of the selected layer will have a Transform box put around it and the Transform Panel will also open.
The selected content can now be Moved, Rotated, Scaled, etc…
After making your adjustments click the tick box in the bottom right corner of the Transform Panel or hit Return on the keyboard.

Thank you. Option 2 worked on my Lite edition.