PDA

View Full Version : DOGS

Nika
05-13-2007, 07:28 AM
I've got a dog. He's my favourite model. Do you like drawing dogs?

Drayldan
05-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Well, interesting technique. :)
Did you draw it from nature or rather a photo? ;)

Nika
05-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi Draydlan
I drew it from nature. I chose black background and pencil

Nika
05-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Sorry, Drayldan. You've got very difficult name

Drayldan
05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Hey, no problem, you're welcome! :D

And I like your dog!
Besides drawing from nature is much more valuable of course, so congrats!

Nika
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
There's another picture of dog's life

D Akey
05-16-2007, 06:26 AM
If Cezanne loved his doggie, this is what we would have seen.

This dog is to you as Saskia was to Rembrandt.

pai
05-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi Nika,

Really love the second one. He's so sweet and having his sweet dreams. I love dogs too. Used to have a Rough Collie. You have very good sketching skills. Love how you use the different colors to do the shading. I thought this painting is finished already. Should post in Gallery instead.

Nika
05-16-2007, 08:40 AM
D Akey: Your comparison to Cezanne flatters me, but of course you're kidding. I do love my dog. He's so many expresion on his face and his poses are so funny that I can't help drawing him.

Pai: Thanks for your kind comments. Now I think I'll put the pic into te Galley.

D Akey
05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Who's kidding?

Be flattered.

Nika
05-17-2007, 08:18 AM
D Akey: OK. Thank you anyway

Bobbi
06-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Nika, I have to agree D Akey, you have a very distinctive style and I love your use of color.

Nika
06-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks Bobbi :)

Nika
06-18-2007, 02:53 AM
My dog has very strong will. He pretends tha he doesn't notice a sandwich :) :)

D Akey
06-18-2007, 03:45 AM
I grew up with a reddish brown dashound. It's been so long I may have forgotten how to spell it.

But that LOOK is priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen it many times.

And they are VERY willful. My mother kept going on how much it was like her father.

He was my buddy though, and we both may have looked like this wonderful drawing from time to time.

Thank you Nika!

Nika
06-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Thank you D Akey. I'm glad that you like this drawing :D

RobertSWade
06-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Regardless of breed, I've seen that look sooooooooo many times and you captured it perfectly.

Nika
06-19-2007, 02:52 AM
Thank you Robert for looking in :)

pai
06-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi Nika,

That's a good one to capture it's expression.

Nika
06-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Thank you, Pai :)

screenpainter
06-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Really Lovely Nika. A beautiful draw and funny picture of a Daschund with intense self discipline. :)

Nika
06-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Thank you Gzairborne :D

Caesar
06-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Here's my imaginary dog! I always wished I had, but I never could.

AndyRage
06-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Here's my imaginary dog! I always wished I had, but I never could.

Oh that's just too cute! :)

Wikash
06-23-2007, 04:05 AM
nice paintings! when I saw this topic I wanted to paint a dog too, so here's mine:

it's teeth are realy ugly, I wanted to try to make them shiny with metallic paint, but that didn't went realy well..:oops:

Nika
06-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Caesar, your dog is excellent (although I don't know such a breed) So cute. Why is it so sad? :D

Nika
06-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Wikash: I think it's a watch dog. Very scaring! :)

D Akey
06-23-2007, 07:08 AM
@ Caesar -- Bloodhound, right?

The kind that you take hunting for opossum and raccoon and squirrel in the South part of the US. I could see this dog on an old wood porch. Fun.

@ Wikash -- that's one bad dog! Pit bull? They're a tough breed. Making the teeth out of metal is really a cool idea. Would make him look even more vicious -- like the Terminator's dog. Don't forget the red eye!

Caesar
06-23-2007, 07:32 AM
D Akey, You're right although I did not imagine it with breed precision and, as You probably notised, I tried to emphasise the dog's devotion and joy in front of his master! :idea:
Nika, this son of b... here is trying to look pitiful so as to be taken outside marking his territory!!! :wink:
Thank You everybody for appreciation!

Selby
07-05-2007, 02:56 PM
hi nika..love the portraits of your daschund...especially the first one with the black background is really striking to me

Selby

Nika
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Selby, thanks a lot for your kind comment :)

Fyg
07-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Posted this in the gallery too, but painted it for this topic. Since i dont have a dog (i have a fluffy cat instead) i thought i'd paint one i'd like. Pharaoh hounds are pretty ^^

Nika
07-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Nice dog. It seems to be very clever

pai
07-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Hi Fyg, that's a very good painting and nice dog. He looks so loyal and smart. I like him/her. :D

Nixe
07-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Oooh I love ALL of your dogs here, they are so beautiful! :D
I like drawing animals, specially dogs very much, usually with pastels.
I must try it with Artrage too very soon.

Nika
08-02-2007, 04:59 AM
This is my dog when he was a child :D

Selby
08-02-2007, 10:41 AM
aww hes so cute with his big velvety ears :)

Nika
08-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Selby, thank you very much. :)

shirly
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
i have posted this before also but in gallery...... not in this thread.. :lol:

Nika
10-25-2007, 02:16 AM
What a cute creature!. Very dynamic image :)

Caesar
10-25-2007, 04:36 AM
I tryed a minimalist approach to a tasteful dog. :lol:
I'm afraid the pumpkin exercise left me joking too much! :)

D Akey
10-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Caesar, I had one of those as a kid -- a red dachshund. This painting looks just like him.

Ah, the good old days --

He and I used to go to baseball games together, but stopped going after one time when the crowd turned ugly after the hometown team lost. Practically the whole section in the upper bleachers tried to bite him. Good thing they were out of mustard, or it could have been tragic.

:lol:

Caesar
10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Glad You appreciate the two "canine" creatures, my rosey fairy!
The puppy is wagging his tail to the idea to rest on Your lap and the second "subtractive" dog told me he's still hot and steams, but he may be as cool as You may wish, Milady! :lol:

D Akey
10-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Glad You appreciate the two "canine" creatures, my rosey fairy!

Just who the HELL you callin' a rosey fairy, paisan?

Why I oughta. . .

. . . oh. . . I see, I see. . . Hi Irish.

He ignored my post altogether. Well just okay then. Be that way. See if I care. . . Oh shit. I broke a nail on my mouse! I just hate then that happens. Don't you? Hmmmm???? <Ahem> Bitch. . .

Caesar
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Hey DA, don't be jealous, I was still decrypting Your post to thank You accordingly. :) (I never know if there's some unknown slang or idiomatic sense I cannot grasp).
Now I decided Your funny story is a witty way to take part to the joke I was still wondering why the supporte crowd was so affected coy at biting the dach(whatever) to leave the boneless (perhaps best) part. :lol:
In any case I can candidly confess I'm from the Old Guard (if You use it in english), so I certainly slightly prefer nice ladies to go past first. :)

Caesar
10-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey DA, don't be jealous, I was still decrypting Your post to thank You accordingly. :) (I never know if there's some unknown slang or idiomatic sense I cannot grasp).
Now I decided Your funny story is a witty way to take part to the joke I was still wondering why the supporte crowd was so affected coy at biting the dach(whatever) to leave the boneless (perhaps best) part. :lol:
In any case I can candidly confess I'm from the Old Guard (if You use it in english), so I certainly slightly prefer nice ladies to go past first. :)

RobertSWade
10-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Jocularity, jocularity. (don't make me get the hose) :)

D Akey
10-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Haha. Well, dachshunds are often called 'hot dogs' or 'wiener dogs'. And ballparks (baseball) sell hot dogs or wieners or franks. . .the kind you painted. And the bleachers are the stands that spectators sit in.

Put it all together, it could get confusing with enough beer, for any wiener dog at a baseball event, especially in any situation involving mustard.

The dachshund has a rather loooooong idiom.

:lol:

Caesar
10-26-2007, 09:49 PM
So I was right being a little perplex!
Thanks DA for explanations making me learn something more of the local verbal flavour and slang!! :)

screenpainter
10-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Caesar no bones about it, you should definitely name him Frank.

Caesar
10-27-2007, 04:24 AM
GZ, DA, Rose, I'm afraid You are far beyond my english word jokes capabilities!!
I hope I did not say anything offensive to anyone! I only undestand "stein" now, at least so I think, that according to my german lessons, should mean "stone"! :?

D Akey
10-27-2007, 05:25 AM
Caesar, it's all word play and is merely good for a laugh or two (not at your expense). Just that the language can get so dull at times, it's fun to jumble it up occasionally for comedic effect to see what happens.

I'm sure that it's the same in Italian, just with different words and references.

I really admire your grasp of English. I kind of know a little Spanish, but nowhere near your ability with English. I figure when I start getting the jokes, I'm on my way. That's the point of a language anyway -- to get chummy with those who speak it. And humor is a good way to get chummy.

Bene. :lol:

Caesar
10-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks Rose and DA for explanations! :D
I'm not touchy in any case (one of the few defect I have at below treshold level).
I do know Frankestein, but I thought there was something more related to the Mel Brooke version (considering my initial joke) than the original one but I could not grasp it or some unknown nasty slang meaning.
Moreover there are so many places where English is the official language, that there are also many different slangs and idiomatic expressions, from London cockney, to Aussie, to Texan etc.; I've no chance also if I was always curious to fully "enter" in any language or dialect I learned.
I read marvel comics also in English (I ought to say american slang) when I was a boy and it took some hour, at the beginning, before I could understand that You had to pronounce with english phonetics to understand (there's not really an unambiguous English phonetics indeed) , i.e. before I were able to decrypt the "gotta", "nite", "wouldja" and so on.
In one way English is very easy compared to a sophisticated structured, ruled language, but it's also a very tricky "melting pot" of many other, purest languages.

Jon
10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
There's another picture of dog's life

Wonderful!

Many other fantastic dogs, and some rather confusing chatter :-)

No reference animals were harmed during this attempt.

cheers,

Jon

D Akey
10-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Very cute!

Looks like watercolor in the background.

Did you manage that effect in ArtRage? If so, how?

Jon
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
irishrose,

I'm glad you like him :-) we have only two cats, beautiful beings just waiting to get painted one day.

D Akey,

yes, only Artrage, normal oil brush and some knifing. I decided to first learn to paint, only then start mixing digital paint with bitmap editing - so until I'm satisfied with my painting skill I will follow a 100% purist Artrage method.

irishrose
10-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, he is gorgeous! :)

Selby
10-30-2007, 11:47 AM
hi Jon-lovely pup he looks like fun one to play fetch or chasies down the park with ...a fun one :D

Selby

D Akey
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
yes, only Artrage, normal oil brush and some knifing. I decided to first learn to paint, only then start mixing digital paint with bitmap editing - so until I'm satisfied with my painting skill I will follow a 100% purist Artrage method.

Well doggone it, it's amazing. Great work. :D :D :D

Nika
11-24-2007, 04:46 AM
This is the original image of lost dog.

pai
11-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Is it your dog? just want to give him a hug. he miss his family :)

D Akey
11-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Nika. . . that is one little doggie you just want to make your pal, to take him where you go. . . sneak him bits of your hamburger. . . and that kind of thing.

:D :D :D

Nika
11-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Pai, thanks for looking in. It's not my dog. I just feel sorry for homeless dogs.
D Akey, thanks for your comment. I'd really like to shelter this poor guy.

cLuMsY_joel
07-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Just saw this thread...I'm a dog lover too (had them all my life). My current dog, Skye is a very intelligent, Soccer playing Border Collie! So I took the chance to draw her when making a birthday card for my mum this year! (p.s. for anyone who doesn't know who the guy in this pic is, he's 'the best footballer in the world' Christiano Ronaldo (yeeeah...we're a family of Manchester United fans!)...oh!...p.s..the pink thing round Skye's neck is her frizbee that she got caught round her head, because she wouldn't let go of it!)

(Obviously the 2nd picture is Skye herself)

juliediane
07-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Posted this sometime ago, A pic of my dog when she was a baby.

and Joel.......... I'm a yank married to a brit. And Manu is the ONLY TEAM IN THE WORLD. And #7..... deep sigh, I'd give my eye teeth to see that kid play in person. And with the time difference, some game mornings we are up at 6 am to watch the games.

Also wonderful dog. She must be a joy to have.

cLuMsY_joel
07-28-2008, 06:59 AM
and Joel.......... I'm a yank married to a brit. And Manu is the ONLY TEAM IN THE WORLD. And #7..... deep sigh, I'd give my eye teeth to see that kid play in person. And with the time difference, some game mornings we are up at 6 am to watch the games.

Ha! Well at least you support the right team!...I was in Colorado recently towards the end of the football season, when we played Arsenal and were in the quarter finals of the Champions League, and had to get my dad to stream the games live from England through my laptop!...so I appreciate the effort you must put in to watch the games over there!

Also, I spose you've heard that Ronaldo wants to leave Man Utd?

icebox23
08-08-2008, 04:17 AM
these are all great i just adore dogs heres a husky i already posted this but i didnt find this thread till now....:)

faygo
08-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Those are lovely. Good work everyone. I find it hard to like dogs, but I met one once that I felt a connection to. It kind of made me want a dog :) (but nah, nah, still so scared of them, lol)

EMOC
01-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Pitti Pitbull

Marja
01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Hello evrybody,
This dog like i..his,or her eye's are so sweet,and sead??
sorry for mijn english!!
PS i like all your paintings the are so lovely
Greetings.Marja

thomas_callahan
01-30-2009, 06:32 AM
My dog, from a photo. I did this a year or so ago but I just found this thread. I was never crazy about the paws but I was pretty satisfied with his face and the background.

pai
01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
They are all so lovely dogs and you all have painted their characters. :):)

Thomas, looks like yours was a puppy when you painted him. So curious eyes. :)

thomas_callahan
01-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Yes, he was about 2 months old, just big enough to stand up and reach the edge of our bed which is what he was doing in the photo that was painted from.

Canvasian
07-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Caesar, your dog looks like a miniature bloodhound :D (I only took a look at the first 3 or 4 pages just yet; so if you did a second one, I'm talking about the first one! :P)

Nika, you're dog is very cute :) I liked the one of him resting in the bed, and the one of him pretending not to see the sandwhich (I laughed out loud a bit at that one!).

I saw an amazing Pharaoh Dog too, but I can't remember who painted it :confused: anyways, it was amazing.

I painted this German Shepherd awhile back, and the Doberman just today. Neither are my dogs, but I wish they were :) I have a mini aussie and a black lab mix. I'll try to get paintings of them up here sometime.

Used trace on the German Shepherd, and it looks worse than the Doby (which wasn't traced). How does that even happen? haha xD

I've posted both of these elsewhere, but I guess they got out of their leashes somehow and ran over here to this thread... :D

Alexandra
08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone, I just had to join in as I have three dogs and three cats. I live in the country and they were walk ups or drop offs, anyway-two are labs, one is part border collie. Anyway; I also had a miniature dachshund when I was a child-and loved him dearly. They are such wonderful companions.
This is a picture I drew for my son a long time ago. He was learning to read and I made him pictures and sentences that would get his attention.

Raybrite
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Those are really nice. The first one reminded me of when we used to buy a set with black cardboard in it and paint on that. Of course they had the numbers back then.
I really like these.:)

Alexandra
08-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Canvasion, My husband loves German Shepherds and grew up with them. Those are great. I cannot wait to show him your images.

Canvasian
08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks Alexandra ^^ I'm hoping to be able to own a German Shepherd one day, and train him for Schutzhund (dog sport / police dog training). I loves them :) The dog you painted was the border collie mix you mentioned right? Do you know what the other part(s) of the mix are?

Alexandra
08-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Canvasion, My husband had a German Shepherd puppy from a police dog, raised it and had a pup from her. A beautiful animal. She was so intelligent. He said that she saved his brothers life. His brother as a toddler climbed out of the window (I don't know how he did that, but that was not the first time) and somehow walked to the creek after heavy rains and flooding, the dog kept hold of his pants until Mom realized he was gone and could get him.
My "Sally" is a little black and white dog that was abandoned at the local garbage dump. I already had the gold lab and the black lab I was raising, and four cats. Two cats passed away, and now I have three-again melting heart at local walmart!HA-anyway she has the nature of a boarder collie but looks like a bulldog mix. I will enclose a pic-maybe you can tell me something about her. No one wanted her on my street. I couldn't let her go to the pound. She is super intelligent and loving. She was abused though, and when you want to pick her up she cries. It has taken me two years to convince her that we would never hurt her.

SCP
09-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Alexandra that is a great story and you have a wonderful companion to show for your patience and kindness.You really are a wonderful person to care so much for animals:)
This is a great thread,I have to admit I'm a dog lover.My new mate Monty is growing into an amazing dog (he is 11months)We owned 2 Bullmastiffs before him then after the last Bullmastiff passed away we waited 2 years before being adopted by another dog.
"Monty" American Bulldog.Here is a old cartoon pic I did of him in AR and also a photo of him at 4mths old with his Fav toy and still is his fav Toy!!Doesn't look this new anymore!:D I have some vids of Monty.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SconradP

Sketchism71
09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Great Thread! Cool pic of the Dog part of Dogman Scott! Monty looks like a great dog! I keep meaning to do a painting of my dogs Alexa and Bailey (German Shephard and German Shephard/lab). Great post!

kailbarr
09-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone, great idea for a thread. I'll be posting a pic of my dog soon he's a rottweiler.

kailbarr
09-08-2009, 08:28 AM
how do i resize an image? it wont let me post my picture.

kailbarr
09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
no i dont use those but i think im getting photoshop later so maybe then ill do it. thnx a ton!

Alexandra
09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey SCP, Thanks so much. Your dog is adorable! There are times when my labs totally overwhelmed me. My husband was transferred, so I lost my helpmate with "the raptors" or "the goons" as I lovingly call them. There were times when I thought they would be happier with other families. Then little Sally came into my heart. Now, that dog-took our hearts. The cats would lead her to the garage-door from our living room-and then when the door would close-not all the way-they would come back in knowing she didn't know how to take her paws and pull it open. They were cruel to her. She kept them in line in the house though. When she was outside she would run and play with the black lab, and they both just made such a happy team, she stays with Sophie-the black lab. There was this strange man that came to the fence to talk to my son-the girls ran over to the fence, and I thought they were going to climb it and if they could, it would have been over for him. So-even though they are hyper monkeys-and require a lot of chow, and cleaning up-they protect us and give us nothing but love-so with regret over my feelings of being overwhelmed-they really are great companions.

Alexandra
09-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Canvasion, and all dog lovers here-here are the girls that were abandoned. I had two of their sister's too. I kept these two and we named them Sophie and Lena. The local HS helped me care for them and find their sister's homes.
So- not including my husband and myself and two kids, I have three cats that I dearly love, that never let me sleep, and three dogs that never let me finish my coffee or tea in the morning. I have to feed them, water them, and let two out of the big pen to play and then I let the gold one out to play. She is jealous and hates Sally the little one- I have to keep them separated now. SO-that is why it is a chore taking care of all of them. Oh well, gives me a lot of exercise!

Chibi J
09-16-2009, 04:38 AM
I did this for a friend of friend, My friend told me how the woman who owns this dog has been walking her dogs (not the same dog as unfortunatly compared to us their lives are far to brief) for 20years so far.
Due to resizing to post the poem is hard to read so I will put it here.

I walk

I am out in the cold air that whips and chills

and I watch the frost patterns that twinkle in the morning light

Sometimes I marvel at snow crunching underfoot

I walk in the Winter time

I see the first delicate greens peeking through hardened soil

and I walk on warm days and next the cold

Sometimes I admire coloured bands paint a rain laden sky

I walk in the Spring time

I feel warm sunshine playing through the leaves

and I watch the flowers wave hello

Some days its so hot I have to stop

I walk in the Summer time

I watch colours floating in the breeze

and I feel the play of wind and rain

I follow my breath as it curls in the wind

I walk in the Autumn time

Why do I walk everyday through natures cycles

witnessing its harshness and its marvels?

It is due to a simple duty

to my dog, my friend, my Beauty

by Janine

Alexandra
09-16-2009, 06:01 AM
That is so tender and sweet Chibi, I know I enjoyed reading this.

sandyg
09-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Lovely poem Chibi j.

Canvasian
09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Those labs are cute Alexandra :) I couldn't imagine six pets and two kids though xD

I like the poem too Chibi :)

Alexandra
10-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Canvasion, it is really fun at times.:p:rolleyes:

Canvasian
10-07-2009, 01:35 AM
I cartoonified my miniature australian shepherd :P Her name is Casey. She's always radiantly happy. And she doesn't have a tail, so she shakes her hindquarters all over the place :D She actually does smile, but every time I get out my camera, she puts her smile away so she can be all inquisitive...

Alexandra
10-07-2009, 02:38 AM
love it Canvasion!

Canvasian
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks ^^ Here's the real, uncartoonified Casey :D Might do my lab next

Edit: She's secretly a superhero. I caught her charging her eye lasers and took this photo before diving to the side to avoid the blast :P

Alexandra
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Awww, she's lovely Canvasion! Soft pretty fur and colors along with a great personality. I bet she is smart as a whip! I can see she is a wonderful companion.:)

Canvasian
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Yep ^^ Love her to death :) She waits outside my bedroom door every morning (sleeps with my parents) and scratches at the door when it's time to get up :) When I open the door she comes in, hindquarters a-waggin', with that big grin on her face. Maybe I can catch her off gaurd with the camera one morning as I open the door and catch the smile... :P

Alexandra
10-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Gotta luv 'em! That's all they are is love.:)

DOGMAN
05-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Great picture. My wife keeps on about getting a Daschund, now she will really want one after seeing your artwork !!
This is my work dog 'CIRO' who will be my priority subject to capture on my Ipad.
The Australian Shepherd is beautiful as well. I just love the idea of 'pets on canvas'.

justjean
05-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Just gotta jump in here and show off my pride and joys :D

They are both Old English Sheepdogs, the first is my big boy Dudley, Duke of Earl and this is an outake from a Harvey commercial about 20 years ago. , next is my current owner Duchess of Earl , she is about 90lbs and inbetween times I had to GSDs

limey-g
05-06-2011, 01:38 AM
As a dog person, my favourite thing for painting, I really like your work especially the second one.
Geoff

justjean
05-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Oops, sorry didn't mean to mislead anyone, these are not painings just photos :o but I do paint dogs and if you care to see them you can find some of them here :D

http://www.pbase.com/justjean/animals

DOGMAN
05-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Having viewed all the pages, there's a lot of talented dog artists on this forum. Keep up the good work, and I look forward too seeing some more pet portraits.

connielee
05-09-2011, 05:30 AM
I am a new member & I love your 2 dogs. I had one for 18yr.3mo. She was an exceptionally smart dog and a wonderful pet. love it.:) Connielee