PDA

View Full Version : The Post House Café

Mike A
01-24-2020, 05:33 AM
Just finished a commission - for a local café owner. It's called "The Post House" because the whole building used to be the village Post Office. The PO is now next door. I used my favourite combination of the ink, chalk and airbrush tools. The chalk is particularly useful for getting that "seen through a window" effect!

Mike A
01-24-2020, 06:27 AM
Huh - don't know how the picture appeared twice! Anyway, here's a snippet from one of the windows - blown up - very Cubist! :-)

eighty+
01-24-2020, 06:54 AM
Hi MIKE A Blimey I just wouldn't know how to or wear to Start as l'am :confused::confused::D:D:D:D:D

CIAO Ploos IVAYA CON DIOS

Mike A
01-24-2020, 07:59 AM
It's all time, time, time - I'm the slowest illustrator in the world - and it's all trial and error. Anyway - thankyou - appreciated!

Mike

D Akey
01-24-2020, 06:49 PM
Just smashing, Mike! Really clean and your colors are working great, almost like they're infused with life.

Hey, there's nothing at all wrong with trial and error. People cutting into new territory have to. Hanging in there to get it just right is the trick. And you really made it breathe, which is a bit of a trick when using primarily flat colors and shapes. Great design.

I trust they loved this gem.

D Akey
01-24-2020, 06:50 PM
Huh - don't know how the picture appeared twice! Anyway, here's a snippet from one of the windows - blown up - very Cubist! :-)

Hah! Yeah, definitely got a 50s vibe. Let me fetch my bongos and read some poetry.

damasocl
02-02-2020, 03:01 AM
Excelente y original estilo... Muy bueno!!!!

Mike A
02-03-2020, 06:31 AM
Muchas graçias damasoci!

Mike

Stephen Lo Piano
02-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Neat illustration style painting, did you hand paint all the lettering or use font options on some or all?
This painting has a style that is unique, the way shadows are cast is uniform and looks correctly done. The way the legs on the two humans have a dark and light contrast due to shading cast while moving is interesting.
Very good composition and balance in the painting.

Mike A
02-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the comment - all the lettering was done by hand. I've never used the "fonts" utility in ArtRage. :rolleyes: