PDA

View Full Version : What about painting in mirror mode?

2wx
11-26-2019, 05:47 AM
What a great opportunity there was in ArtRage5 - press "H" and you can paint in mirror mode! Why was it excluded in ArtRage6?

kaveman
11-26-2019, 03:45 PM
Tools > Paint Symmetery > Mirrored Symmetry is still there. You will need to setup a Keyboard Shortcut under Edit > Set Keyboard Short Cuts > Symmetry Commands > Mirrored Symmetry

markw
11-26-2019, 04:19 PM
I think 2wx might be referring to flipping the entire canvas while painting by holding down the H key and still being able to paint. Unfortunately this was a bug in the Windows version of AR and shouldn't have worked at all. And in fact was never possible to do in the Mac version.
But I have a workaround, which works on both Mac and Windows, for it in my post regarding this here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?55057-Flipping-the-Screen&p=530576#post530576

2wx
11-28-2019, 07:37 AM
Thank you, Mark, I know this method and use it - involuntarily. But this is far from as convenient as painting in mirror mode, switching to it with the "H" button several times a minute to put maybe one or two strokes (for example, when drawing hair).