PDA

View Full Version : My first work ever

Apostolos15
11-03-2019, 07:09 AM
Hello to everybody,
I am not a painter or designer but I just find it a very interesting and beautiful art. I am a musician and I wanted to start to draw the artworks of my releases. I know there are a lot of mistakes like no proper light or shadows, no good coloring, the chess board is not very good etc. Hope you like it :)

eighty+
11-03-2019, 07:21 AM
hi. Yes I like it. Checkmate :D:D

D Akey
11-03-2019, 07:57 AM
While there is always more to learn as an artist for anyone, I think what you did is quite strong. If you're talking album covers or whatever, you want a design that's eye catching. This is very strong in that regard in my opinion. This has a graphic design quality wherein details like shadows are often eliminated anyway in favor of shapes and flat colors. It's a different language, but it can be very evocative as a symbol or something that piques people's interest.

When and if you do something that will require type, I would recommend, if you're going that way, that you design your type into it on a separate layer so you know how it will sit. If you're just doing pictures that are more illustrative with no type, then it's what you see is what you get.

Anyway, I quite like this and think you're onto something very cool.

Apostolos15
11-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your words...