PDA

View Full Version : First Completed Art Rage 6 Landscape Painting.

Stephen Lo Piano
10-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Here is my first completed, or at least point where I decided to leave well enough alone Landscape Painting using Art Rage 6. The composition and subject matter of image objects is simple and basic.

Decided to experiment and tried a lot of different default brushes included with the Art Rage 6 program for this image.
Painting was created using: Oil Brushes, Custom Brushes for leaves and clouds, Airbrush, Pencil, and Sticker Spray-Nature Stamps for Shrub Brush, Tree Shrub, Simple Leaves, Shaded Leaves, Shrub Brush 3d, Grass, and Cloud Brush.

Art Rage has definitely come a long way from their Art Rage 1 program released many years ago. There is a lot of different facilitating features you can use in this latest version 6 to help in creating landscape paintings. Well done Art Rage developers.

Chuck_M
10-03-2019, 09:13 AM
I really like those leaves on the right, they have a bristle brush dab look to them.
Your landscape looks great!

D Akey
10-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Nice handling of all that detail, Stephen. Nice look to the piece. Could really go into that place for all the craft given to near and far.

Stephen Lo Piano
10-18-2019, 09:11 AM
Here is an example of how this digital painting looks with a custom created digital frame.
The frame was added with a really good program that you can create digital frames with from scratch or if you prefer use some already designed frames within the program, sort of template types. Program name is U-Lead Photo Impact.

D Akey
10-19-2019, 05:45 AM
Nice. There's dimension within the painting. Is there a way to add interest to the frame to give it a "fool the eye" or trompe l'oeil feel where it might feel like wood or fabric etc, and maybe angle a side or two perhaps a bit darker and cast a thin shadow onto the canvas? I'm sure you know what I mean -- just to separate the surfaces out. Right now it has a sort of vintage, Americana 2D flat feel which is quite nice in itself.

Anyway, the point is also that I was wondering if you get the frame on a separate layer with a window. That way you could definitely Photoshop in the added dimension easily.

Nice job, Stephen.

Stephen Lo Piano
11-24-2019, 06:41 AM
Here's an Alternative Version of the Above Painting With the Same Objective in Mind.

Stephen Lo Piano
11-24-2019, 06:52 AM
Here's an Alternative Version of the Above Painting With the Same Objective in Mind. This image has a custom designed frame added to the image using U-Lead Photo Impact software.

If Art Rage were to add some new features to a future version of this program custom framing would be on my wish list. That would be a valuable feature if you could generate your own custom made frames to finished art work created with the Art Rage software program in my opinion. For those with experience in natural media painting and drawing framing finished artwork is a priority for display.

kenmo
11-24-2019, 08:53 AM
Looks outstanding...

Caesar
11-26-2019, 01:03 AM
Very interesting one (apart from the later entomological add-ons)
Your paintings have a very original and rich style and somehow remind a little, for reasons I cannot fully understand, landscapes You may fin in some Italian paintings of the period from Giotto to early Renaissance.
Bravo, dear Stephen!