PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Artwork by me

bluesungfruit
09-06-2019, 01:56 AM
So... this first post is a 2-part post. After realising that this forum exists (had ArtRage for something like 3 years now and never thought about it before) I'm keen to share some things, but first, a question.

I happened upon the forum while looking for an artist I found on DeviantArt some years ago. It was his work that first notified me of ArtRage and the amazing potential it had. Now... I can't remember his name. I believe he is Spanish, or from a Spanish-speaking country, and his works mainly featured a skeleton in surreal scenes. Can't find him on the featured artists pages on the main site...if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be happy to rediscover his work.

Anyway... I mainly work using a mixture of PS and AR, as I have many of my own PS brushes but also love the textures and colour mixes that come alive in ArtRage. The first was painted 100% in AR (almost entirely with the palette knife), then there are a few for which I relied on ArtRage pretty considerably to achieve the look I wanted. Hope someone enjoys them, and I look forward to browsing these forums a little!

bluesungfruit
09-06-2019, 01:58 AM

Catmandolin
09-06-2019, 06:01 AM
OMG! I am very excited to see your work here. These are beautiful palettes--nice compositions. Stunning. Your first one reminds me of the Japanese Anime "Tokyo Esp" and it is my favorite by the way--I also just like fish. Did you do some experimenting with the stencils? I just starting fooling around with them but I am using them to try to preserve the integrity of my pencil work--I'm on the fence so far but its looking hopeful. These are really something. I hope I get to see more.

bluesungfruit
09-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Thank you. Nice to be able to show these to some fellow AR users!

Have not played with stencils at all yet. My favourite thing is certainly the palette knife (as you can surely tell - left a lot of really obvious knife marks across 3 of these 4 pictures!), and I have made pieces incorporating oil brush, pastel, roller, pencil... but haven't spent much time experimenting with other things yet. Am keen to try something based in the watercolour tool. Will post as and when something occurs!

limey-g
09-08-2019, 03:25 AM
Wow these are wonderful I am especially drawn to the second one.
Look forward to seeing more of your work

bluesungfruit
09-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Thank you.

You must be some kind of oddball ;) The second one tends to be looked at with confusion and/or slight disgust by most people...

limey-g
09-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Thank you.

You must be some kind of oddball ;) The second one tends to be looked at with confusion and/or slight disgust by most people...

Maybe because I am an Englishman, known to be a bit strange .
LOL

RedSaucers
09-12-2019, 11:48 PM
These paintings are exceptional, it really shows how powerful the palette knife can be!

D Akey
09-14-2019, 02:51 AM
Cool stuff. My personal favorite is the wave. Great movement. Nice colors and shapes. But they're all well painted.

You're on a roll. Keep the momentum going!

bluesungfruit
09-14-2019, 03:38 AM
Thank you. Yeah it's my go-to tool at the moment at various stages along the process, and has been a steady favourite for a while (the first image here was done 2-3 years ago).

I keep telling myself to branch out and explore but there is also something to be said for finding a comfortable workflow and.. well, flowing with it...

bluesungfruit
09-14-2019, 03:43 AM
Thanks. Working on new stuff as I type. Well, typing as I type, but about to be working on something...

Chuck_M
09-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Very nice artwork, I like them all.
I like how the first one pulls me in, I think that tree in the center forces me to look past it, as well with the boat... plenty of depth. can't wait to see more of your work.

bluesungfruit
09-15-2019, 02:48 AM
Thanks Chuck:)

bluesungfruit
09-15-2019, 03:01 AM
The ones posted previously were all at least a year old. By the beginning of this year I was gravitating away from AR, mostly using PS for a few months, for various reasons (laziness?)

Well, as I said before, palette knife is my go-to tool at the moment and I'm happy to be back with it. Here are a couple from the last week or so for which I depended on AR pretty considerably. All studies from my own photos but altering composition, lighting, etc to give the feel I wanted.

D Akey
09-16-2019, 04:39 PM
Nice images. I love the compositions and the solitary western vibe. Don't know if that was what you were after, but that's where I went with them -- from the outdoor family meal to the building walls to the horses. Southwestern perhaps? Dunno. But I really like the way you staged it all.

bluesungfruit
09-17-2019, 12:43 AM
Thanks. Yeah they are all on that vibe, and I veered more in that direction with each one, somewhat intentionally. Although the references... the first 2 are based on old family photos taken in Spain something around 15-20 years ago, and the horses were in Inner Mongolia (China). (I went to the Mongolian desert in 2006 with a coachload of Koreans. The horses in this image were wearing saddles and there were many more of them, so I threw my artistic license around a bit...)

Chuck_M
09-19-2019, 05:13 AM
I really like the perspective in these, the colors are light and pleasant to the eyes.
Great job with the palette knife!

Stephen Lo Piano
09-24-2019, 12:18 PM
Nice work, in my opinion you have an excellent sense of using bright light highlights in your image to attract the viewer to a focal point.

oilpaintingsgallery
09-25-2019, 12:14 AM
Your paintings are very nice.

bluesungfruit
09-28-2019, 08:45 AM
Thanks Chuck :)

bluesungfruit
09-28-2019, 08:54 AM
Thanks Stephen. A lovely technical compliment!

cherie.b
10-01-2019, 06:19 AM
SO VERY BEAUTIFUL! Inspiring!

Alexandra
10-09-2019, 03:03 AM
So serene, and pleasing to the eye. Great works!

bluesungfruit
10-10-2019, 01:03 AM
Thank you Cherie!

bluesungfruit
10-10-2019, 01:04 AM
Thank you Alexandra :)

yang
10-17-2019, 01:59 AM
Good abstract work..

aaidynpaul
01-08-2020, 11:22 PM
Maybe because I am an Englishman, known to be a bit strange .

Stephen Lo Piano
02-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Very good paintings, first two have a lot of nice colors working for them and depth in composition painting.
The water scenes look very good you get the feeling of movement and splashing waves when looking at them. Colors work well in these paintings to produce a vibrant appearance.