PDA

View Full Version : Finding what layer an object is on?

Piyo
07-22-2019, 07:12 AM
Hi all,
I tried looking for an answer to this but couldn't find it on my own.
My drawing with multiple layers, has objects that were drawn on the wrong layer. Is there an easy way to figure out what layer it was drawn on, without needing to step through each layer to find it?

D Akey
07-25-2019, 07:21 AM
I'm not an expert, but it's not like Photoshop where you can right click on an object and that layer gets selected. . . I never found it so anyway. I just do it where I click the layers on and off and when it disappears, that's the one. If you have a very layered image in progress that could slow you down for sure. On the other hand, you can keep a layered copy alive in Photoshop for finding that out -- if your computer has the power to keep them both open simultaneously. But that's all depends on whether that's practical in your context or not.

Personally, I just click it on and off within AR.

Enug
07-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Why don't you name your layers? Right-click on the layer - it's in the drop-down menu.

kaveman
07-26-2019, 12:31 AM
I also get lost in the layers.

I use Folders a lot and toggle the Folder View (click the eye) to narrow down the search.

Then use the same strategy within the Folder.

It would be good if the Thumbs could be enlarged so you can see what's on them. or some other clever way...

ethan
08-02-2019, 02:42 AM
On the off chance that you have a layered picture in advancement that could back you off without a doubt. Then again, you can keep a layered duplicate alive in Photoshop for finding that out - if your PC has the ability to keep them both open all the while. In any case, that is all relies upon whether that is viable in your specific situation or not