PDA

View Full Version : Changing color sample size

Craigel
05-22-2019, 02:49 PM
When I used the app for the desktop, I loved the color sampling for the reference image. But on iOS it seems very unpredictable. I think that this is because it is sampling a point sample or a very small area. Is there any way to adjust the sample size on iOS? If not is there any way to compensate so that my sampling is more predictable?

DaveRage
05-22-2019, 04:23 PM
The iOS app samples the color directly under the input point from that pixel. It doesn't have the ability to change the sample size.

If you're finding that sampling is unpredictable from references, can you email me at [email protected] and let me know what iOS device you're using? I'd like to check some details with you in case there's a problem I'm unaware of.

Craigel
05-23-2019, 04:56 AM
I’ve noticed these problems with any single pixel sample of high detail/contrast areas of an image in various software packages, so I’m skeptical it is a bug. Basically if there is a lot of color variation in a small space, my eye perceives it as an average of three or four possibly very different pixels. But it is possible that the sampling could be off by a few pixels which would aggravate the issue. I sent you my info.

I suppose I will try sizing up a low resolution image or preprocessing it through a smart blur to see if that gives me the feel that I’m looking for.

If you folks decide to add that feature to the iOS version, I would really appreciate it. The effortless color sampling is a killer feature for me. :)