PDA

View Full Version : Philosopher's residence.

waheednasir
05-11-2006, 06:47 AM
hello there everyone...:). those grand landscapes from movies like LOTR, were in the back of my mind while painting this, but what u are seeing here, is all from scratch and without any reference. its all visualised and painted in artrage -1, using tablet. a bit (very very little) was done in painter as well. i deliberatedly, exaggerated the values and stuff, to achieve what i had in my mind.

hope u like it..:).

cheers.

Aged P
05-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Fantastic Waheed!

You seem to have a ball of light that you roll into paintings.

You and Maror are costing me a lot of money for printer cartridges!
It's the dark backgrounds

ENCHANTER
05-11-2006, 07:35 AM
i need a reference for most things i paint, maybe with time...a long time...i can just picture it in my head, and lay it down.... :)

amazing picture, i like the way you used more than one colour in the dark sky , cool

hype
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM
amazing! honestly, i think you should be working on movies like LOTR - your stuff deserves to be brought to life!

it seems as though alot of your work moves between artrage and painter, and i am wondering what you are doing in painter that can't be done in artrage?

Erika_PLJ
05-11-2006, 08:08 AM
That's wonderful. I really like the mood you conveyed using a very limited color pallette.

tony
05-11-2006, 08:12 AM
:) Another brilliant piece of work Waheednasir, dark and lively all at the same time.Just love it. Wow. Regards,Tony :)

maror
05-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Excellent...another WOW. Do you sell your paintings? (Or should I ask if you are a rich men? ;-))

@Aged P

Sorry :wink: I try too use more white backgrounds :P

All the best

maror

bleepnik
05-11-2006, 08:29 AM
So beautiful! You capture light wonderfully. And the distance from which we are seeing the residence (unless it's just very, very small) really gives the environment a most majestic feel.

- Gita

AndyRage
05-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Yup, I'm with everyone else here. You have a real command of light and shadow. Awesome stuff!

waheednasir
05-11-2006, 08:53 PM
a Big Thank u to aged p, enchanter, hype, erika, tony, maror, gita and andy...:).
aged p, so sorry about the cost...:).
hype...i do paint matte paintings tht are inco-orporated in 3d evironmets, at work. i might be sharing a matte painting of mine here, lets see. and these days im working for a film for some european studio, making matte paintings. doing it as a freelance work. working for huge studios and for movies like LOTR would certainly be very exciting...:).
i do pure matte paintings in photoshop, as there is a certain demand of look, something like real shoot - photo realism. if i want a painterly look, i just click on artrage....:).
not everytime i use other softwares with artrage, most of my artrage paintings are just pure artrage work. here only a very dim glow for light rays were done in painter.
maror...i do sell my paintings, real canvases and digital. but u know, i dont paint keeping the commercial aspect in my mind, i just paint what i like. dont do that commercially, but if someone is interested, i do sell.
not a rich man though...:).

thank u so much once again for your time...:).

cym
05-11-2006, 09:47 PM
This one goes into the large file of "my favorites" along with your other works. Brilliant!

drzeller
05-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Although I have a color calibrated monitor (so a full range of colors and shades are visible), this painting didn't really come to life for me until I saved a copy and viewed it at a larger scale. There is a lot of subtle shading and details that become visible (if a little blocky when magnified!).

It could also be that I run my monitor at at 1600x1200, so the picture is pretty small when viewed at normal size.

Anyways, if you run at high res, try looking at this picture magnified a little.

Oh, and Waheednasir -- as always, great work.

D.

beadie09
05-20-2006, 01:39 AM
I love it when you post it is always fresh and fantastic! I really feel other worldly here! magnificent.

Selby
05-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Wow Waheed-this is stunning :!:

I love it
I can in my mind hear a dramatic flim backing track as I look at this.

Its just a really captivating and entrancing image

gosh-super good :)

thesleepless
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
wow that's beautiful and dramatic, i love it!
wonderful colours *purple love*

angrypotato
05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
this is really amazing...the color and painting technique are awesome and you have a great sense of perspective and depth in this...something i envy :D

hope to see more

-Potato

friendly
05-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Wonderful Painting!
So Dark that you are drawn into the painting, but yet soothing & Enlighting.....So, Let there be light!

waheednasir
05-30-2006, 09:44 PM
hello there everyone...so sorry for this very late reply. ill be around, its so hectic these days.

cym, drzeller, beadie09, Selby, thesleepless, angrypotato and friendly...many thanks to all of u...:).

sorry again for being away. ill be back soon for following posts by others, sure they are all wonderful to look at...:).

cheers...:).

ENCHANTER
05-31-2006, 05:59 AM
Hey Waheed,
glad to see your ok, :)

see you in the forum soon,

ingie01
05-31-2006, 06:54 AM
Masterly use of a pixel based paint program. Your knowledge and skill are very evident. Do you have a Degree? (not that it matters, just curious)

nixon
05-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Excellent work. I love your still lifes in traditional oils that you display on your website, too!