PDA

View Full Version : Landscape

TMUCW
01-29-2019, 06:24 AM
Hi all,

I have been busy with ArtRage today and thought I'd try to recreate one of my acrylic paintings from scratch.
On the left is a (bad) photo of the original painting, on the right the version I made in ArtRage:

What do you think?
I am very please with how easy and intuitive the program is. Although it will surely take a while until I discovered all the possibilities... :-D

-Tanja

D Akey
01-29-2019, 09:36 PM
Yes. There are a lot of possibilities. Sometimes it gets really experimental and new tricks and looks appear. But judging from your paintings side by side, I can see you have nailed a perfect parallel with the real world acrylics as you painted in your original. Big success there which much be satisfying. Good stuff.

TMUCW
01-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Yes. There are a lot of possibilities. Sometimes it gets really experimental and new tricks and looks appear. But judging from your paintings side by side, I can see you have nailed a perfect parallel with the real world acrylics as you painted in your original. Big success there which much be satisfying. Good stuff.

Thank you D Akey! I figured I try to use the same tools as in the real painting, for instance the paint tube as substitute for the modelling paste I used in the acrylic painting to create some texture with a painting knife. I also found some really good acrylic brushed here in the forum, which I tweaked a bit to resemble the dry-brush technique I like to use. But some effects were better with tools I would not use in the real painting, for example the soft pastel tool to recreate the broken color areas... So much more to discover!! :D

DST
01-31-2019, 05:15 AM
Hi,

That is a really good copy of your own .....wondering about your speed in drawing......good style

TMUCW
01-31-2019, 09:09 AM
Hi,

That is a really good copy of your own .....wondering about your speed in drawing......good style

Thank you DST! I have a rather loose style, sometimes with one or two more detailed elements... usually it does not take too long to paint, some hours. The digital one took about 2 hours I think.

DST
02-01-2019, 05:46 AM
Thank you DST! I have a rather loose style, sometimes with one or two more detailed elements... usually it does not take too long to paint, some hours. The digital one took about 2 hours I think.

okay....i love details and work now one year on my red dragon ) you can see him in forum unfinnished ) lots of ideas every day to perfect the picture can not really find any end........................but thats fun for me

TMUCW
02-01-2019, 08:01 AM
okay....i love details and work now one year on my red dragon ) you can see him in forum unfinnished ) lots of ideas every day to perfect the picture can not really find any end........................but thats fun for me

Yes I saw this one, amazing work!

DST
02-02-2019, 02:22 AM
Yes I saw this one, amazing work!

Oh thank you.......i do my best