PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of man in profile

neda
05-11-2006, 06:04 AM
I've been lurking around this forum for a while. I recently bought the full version of ArtRage and a few days ago I loaded the update v.2.11.

Attached is a portrait I drew of from a photo I shot. The ability to trace and pin up a reference photo is helping me improve my drawing skills rapidly, to the extent that I use the tracing image less and less with each new painting.

I haven't worked on my drawing or painting skills much since I was in art school. I've used Painter V in the past (I have it loaded on a computer I don't fire up much) and more recently I played around with Painter IX. More comments on these apps another day. For now, I'm appreciating the fun and simplicity of ArtRage.

I am a professional artist and I make computer graphics for video and video compositing, which is mostly technical work. I like to dabble with digital collage and digital paint every now and then.

Neda

tony
05-11-2006, 06:11 AM
:) Hi Neda, welcome to the club.Love your painting and the colours you have used for the skin and the glare on the glasses simple fantastic .Your picture clearly shows that you are a professional.Look forward to seeing more of your work.Regards,Tony :)

Aged P
05-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Hi Neda,

AbsolutelyBrilliant!

I have been playing around with a picture like that for months.

I will have a close look at what you've done, and learn from it.

waheednasir
05-11-2006, 07:02 AM
hi there neda...a good one indeed. i like the way it has been composed and treated...:).

ENCHANTER
05-11-2006, 07:29 AM
what everyone else says...brilliant!

:) look forward to seeing more of your stuff

bleepnik
05-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Beautiful work, Neda. Welcome to the forums!

- Gita

AndyRage
05-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the forums, neda!
That's an excellent profile. The blending, shading and skin tones are fantastic and you've given the skin a real 'rugged' look.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

cym
05-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Wonderful! Thanks for sharing this one and another example of what I would like to aspire to. If I could achieve even half the quality of color, tone, texture, I'd be mighty pleased with myself.

Weeks
05-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi Neda and welcome...

I like your painting so much..

Remind me a kind of... "Clint..." Superbe..

Weeks

Ken1000
05-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Neda, this is a true work of art. I am amazed and very grateful
for your sharing it.

Ken

Russell
05-18-2006, 07:54 AM
cool

drzeller
05-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I really like this portrait. It reminds me of my father-in-law in some way -- a man Ilike and admire, so it gives me a positive feeling.

Keep posting...

D.