PDA

View Full Version : Decay

Rondo
11-09-2018, 02:50 PM
trying some color mixes and ended up with this:)

D Akey
11-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Decay. No relation to D Akey.

Looking handy and bright in an infernal sort of way. Good one Rondo. Fires in the canyon nearby my home again with big winds. Hope this painting isn't prophetic.

Rondo
11-09-2018, 06:00 PM
:)indeed no relation.
i read about the fires....i'm not good in prophecy, so hope you stay safe.

D Akey
11-10-2018, 12:50 AM
Ah, the hills glow bright orange in the night. Billows of smoke illuminated from below as just down the road they're called to evacuate. I recommend you give up reading tea leaves and switch to painting your way into a future vision. Bet you don't know your own strength. :eek:

Go Rondo Go!

Rondo
11-10-2018, 05:45 AM
always appreciate your comments;)

D Akey
11-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Then here's one. Still happening although this shot was from nighttime and I'm posting in the day. Just made me think of your inadvertently prophetic painting from a short time back. Still going on here and nearly in my back yard.

Go Rondo Go! Quick -- Paint some rain!

Rondo
11-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Sorry to see all this destruction;(, did not see this kind of fire before.I really wonder if these fires are lit or not(pyromania?).I hope the latter!!.

D Akey
11-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Sorry to see all this destruction;(, did not see this kind of fire before.I really wonder if these fires are lit or not(pyromania?).I hope the latter!!.

I can't imagine that all this is from natural causes. Certainly the first thought that came to mind for me unfortunately.

eighty+
11-13-2018, 09:21 AM
looks a bit like bonfire night at Lewes but not to worry as the earth is in turmoil and strange happenings the world all over if I was

Younger I would be building a ARK as the sea levels Rise but at my age now I don't have to worry ;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CLIMATE CHANGE BUT DON"T TELL TRUMP :mad::mad::mad:

Chad Weatherford
11-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Then here's one. Still happening although this shot was from nighttime and I'm posting in the day. Just made me think of your inadvertently prophetic painting from a short time back. Still going on here and nearly in my back yard.

Go Rondo Go! Quick -- Paint some rain!

Woah that photo is crazy...you took that D Akey? Hopefully you were using a powerful zoom lense and you’re not in the thick of it

Chad Weatherford
11-14-2018, 08:29 PM
The sign with the entrance to the canyon from Valley Circle -- a couple miles from my home. I thought it had been managed, but I also saw that the burns were spotty so that there was still fuel for any fire that would get blown back up -- which did happen. The winds are like a blacksmith's bellows. When they're going, which they have been, it gets the fire going again.

BTW, when I was at the top of Woolsey I think (it's unmarked up there mostly but it's that canyon the sign is pointing to), I met a gangbanger up there who was in a pre-fab home community quite vulnerable about 100 yards from this burn site (infinitely closer than the homes in the shot). While everyone evacuated because of the clear risk, he stayed because there were a couple elderly people there who had just had surgery. A public spirited, good fellow. We were both happy to have someone to talk to about it. Friendly. He was taking pictures with his phone like I was and described the evening before. He said that the flames had gotten high as the phone poles and a helicopter came in and dropped the water and it was out where the water hit. You see what it looked like that morning after as we spoke.

Anyway, that smoke alone is a bitch to breathe after a short while. Woke me up the night before and I had to drive away for a time.

This is still far from over. And like I said, other places got it far, far worse. But this is generally my area.

Thanks for sharing. That’s pretty scary to have that happening so close. Man.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Rondo.

D Akey
11-15-2018, 02:29 AM
Thanks for sharing. That’s pretty scary to have that happening so close. Man.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Rondo.

Yes, apologies Rondo.

Rondo
11-15-2018, 03:48 AM
no prob,i can understand how people must feel with something like that going on around them, support is a huge thing in these cases!.

D Akey
11-23-2018, 05:01 AM
Well for Thanksgiving we have some rain.

My understanding is the fires are elsewhere started up now inland. Hope they get rain in time there too.

But here the firefighters finally got a hand from Mother Nature. I suppose she didn't check the forums any sooner to see your rainy pic or she would have sent the rain sooner. Guess you're the resident druid cause she's taking her cues from your paintings.

Suggestion to you, Rondo, or perhaps a request: Please paint pleasant things. There's mojo in your art.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?54518-The-Rain

Rondo
11-23-2018, 07:19 AM
I have to say that this is something i did not knew about myself;) (born the wrong time? wrong place?)
your suggestion is something i keep in mind, Sir;)