PDA

View Full Version : Night Hawks - series 2

gxhpainter
10-01-2018, 08:34 AM
more explorations with hard edge geometry and organic painterly brushwork..

DaveRage
10-01-2018, 05:42 PM
I think this goes well with the first one in the series. This one makes me think of a mask, a mix of hard and softer parts like plastic and cloth.

gxhpainter
10-02-2018, 06:18 AM
I think this goes well with the first one in the series. This one makes me think of a mask, a mix of hard and softer parts like plastic and cloth.Thank you Dave, I see the head like structure and the play of hard and soft
does evoke a masklike impression. That gives me food for thought on the next one....:)

D Akey
10-03-2018, 06:13 AM
Thunderbird has been fooling around with a hawk and they produced an egg or two. Very like a spirit animal or totem animal. Pacific Northwest and all, although I don't know if they would like a non-tribe member going there. But the paintings are very different from native art and their pantheon. But how could one living up there not have a though in that direction occasionally.

I really like the intensity of this one.

Alexandra
10-07-2018, 09:59 AM
Youthful, fresh perspective...it is a happy painting to me, Gary.

gxhpainter
10-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Thunderbird has been fooling around with a hawk and they produced an egg or two. Very like a spirit animal or totem animal. Pacific Northwest and all, although I don't know if they would like a non-tribe member going there. But the paintings are very different from native art and their pantheon. But how could one living up there not have a though in that direction occasionally.

I really like the intensity of this one. thanks D Akey, I have always loved the Pacific Northwest native-american art carved in cedar and painted in flat colors - very stunning work and very inspirational

Youthful, fresh perspective...it is a happy painting to me, Gary. thanks Sandy, glad you see the joy in it!.