PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound

Alexandra
09-22-2018, 03:26 PM
I am a huge fan of abstract paintings, and so inspired with the wonderful treads uploaded lately. I hope you all like this one. They are so difficult for me. :p

gxhpainter
09-24-2018, 06:17 AM
wonderfully done Sandy, I really like your use of the fronds in the lower right and the geometric and hard edges, well done!

alkratzer
09-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Nice Sandra! Watch out, if you go abstract you may not want to go back!

D Akey
09-26-2018, 05:50 AM
I love the mixed media vibe of it. Very cool. Reminiscent of shadow boxes and montages and cool designs broken into a Mondrian kind of grid. Nice work!

Alexandra
09-26-2018, 04:33 PM
wonderfully done Sandy, I really like your use of the fronds in the lower right and the geometric and hard edges, well done! Thanks so much Gary. I am a huge admirer of your work and I am trying so hard to learn this fantastic style. I am a long way away from where I wish to be. You and Al have inspired me to keep trying.

Alexandra
09-26-2018, 04:33 PM
Nice Sandra! Watch out, if you go abstract you may not want to go back! Haha, too late, Al, too late. Thanks!

Alexandra
09-26-2018, 04:41 PM
I love the mixed media vibe of it. Very cool. Reminiscent of shadow boxes and montages and cool designs broken into a Mondrian kind of grid. Nice work!. Thanks so much DAkey, sure appreciate it! I tried to incorporate a little Native American with modernism. I can see the Mondrian grid pattern. I have to watch it, as I love to sew using scraps, I think I incorporate the straight lines into my art as well. I am hoping when things settle down for me I can work on an Appalachian scrap quilt. I may design my quilt soon on Artrage digital.

DaveRage
09-27-2018, 11:23 AM
I like the rocky and wood like textures in this, along with the vegetation seems to fit the theme really well!

Alexandra
10-01-2018, 01:27 AM
I like the rocky and wood like textures in this, along with the vegetation seems to fit the theme really well!. I am so flattered, Dave, thanks so much.