PDA

View Full Version : Hot in Glendale

gxhpainter
09-10-2018, 10:58 AM
my latest work which is getting a lot of attention on Instagram.... tried something a little different here with duplicating the work then turning the top layer in to a gray and white half tone and changing blend mode to multiply.. and
then erasing out some areas and leaving others..

DaveRage
09-10-2018, 04:49 PM
I like the halftone a lot, I think it works really well with that choice of colours too

D Akey
09-10-2018, 07:16 PM
How long are you personally going to be in Glendale?

gxhpainter
09-11-2018, 05:32 AM
I like the halftone a lot, I think it works really well with that choice of colours toowow thanks a lot Dave always a pleasure to hear from the ArtRage Team.

gxhpainter
09-11-2018, 05:35 AM
How long are you personally going to be in Glendale? Hi D Akey actually I did not go down just my son and some of his friends were my reps there. They got a lot of great feedback from some
of the other artists there they really liked my work and were curious about how it was done ... ( ArtRage magic ) . But the show is up until late October.

D Akey
09-13-2018, 05:09 AM
The lads no doubt could find something fun to do in LA. Good incentive for them and a help for you. You've done a lot of traveling with your work of late. I understand the joys of staying put and relaxing, not to mention the time to do more painting.

Well, it's probably a good thing that I didn't come too close with you and I might have coughed on you, and that single act might have set you onto a whole different style, that would combine Klenex and flem. I think Rauschenberg already pretty thoroughly explored those themes back mid-century anyway.

Well, stay healthy and keep up the great work.

gxhpainter
09-13-2018, 05:41 AM
The lads no doubt could find something fun to do in LA. Good incentive for them and a help for you. You've done a lot of traveling with your work of late. I understand the joys of staying put and relaxing, not to mention the time to do more painting.

Well, it's probably a good thing that I didn't come too close with you and I might have coughed on you, and that single act might have set you onto a whole different style, that would combine Klenex and flem. I think Rauschenberg already pretty thoroughly explored those themes back mid-century anyway.

Well, stay healthy and keep up the great work. LOL good to know you still have your wit and humor even though your under the weather a bit. My son had a great time and there was a huge turnout for the opening so my work got lots of exposure. The catalog was not actually a printed magazine style but instead the 79 artists represented each had a large postcard printed with their work and biography and artistic statement printed and then organized into a box. A great idea I can hardly wait to see the other works exhibited in the show along with mine.

Alexandra
09-22-2018, 04:00 PM
Another success, Gary, love it, beautiful work!