PDA

View Full Version : Some New Works

gxhpainter
09-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Hi everyone, I haven't been very active on the forum here, but I have been busy enjoying late summer, golfing, bicycling and playing with my dog Ty. I have managed to squeeze in some work:rolleyes: Here is some of my latest , please
comment and share your impressions and thoughts.

TITLES( From left to right top to bottom ) 1. Tears of Separation 2. Pressure Points - 2
3. In the Depths 4. Focus on Form - 2

Alexandra
09-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Whoa, Gary....outstanding, Bravo, sir! I love to sew, and this reminds me of a project I had planned some years ago using scraps of material for for a wall quilt I hoped to complete some day. Inspiring and beautiful.

gxhpainter
09-05-2018, 03:43 AM
Whoa, Gary....outstanding, Bravo, sir! I love to sew, and this reminds me of a project I had planned some years ago using scraps of material for for a wall quilt I hoped to complete some day. Inspiring and beautiful.

Alexandra, thanks for comments on these! I could see some very rich textile creations done in this style with these colors.... :)

D Akey
09-07-2018, 05:13 AM
I apologize in advance, but I love the new palette that holds the designs together so well. I don't even need to know the sources that inspired you. They just look great on first impression.

gxhpainter
09-07-2018, 05:54 AM
I apologize in advance, but I love the new palette that holds the designs together so well. I don't even need to know the sources that inspired you. They just look great on first impression.Hello D Akey great to hear from you, no apologies needed, I love bright and loud but I am slowly drifting into a more somber and restrained palette that as you say seems to tie the work together in a new and powerful way. Today is the opening of a show at the Brand Art Center in Glendale and my work "Behind the Yellow Door" was juried into...not sure if you live nearby but check it out if you can, the show will be up for several weeks..

D Akey
09-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Really? That's great. I'm a little more than a little under the weather at the moment, but I sure would love to see it.

gxhpainter
09-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Really? That's great. I'm a little more than a little under the weather at the moment, but I sure would love to see it. Oh so very sorry to hear that!! Hope you get better very soon...