PDA

View Full Version : Designing Cover Art

David B Rose
08-30-2018, 07:21 AM
I purchaged my intuos (with artrage lite) to use with the photoshop I own but havent studied cause I hate the mouse. Even spoke to wacom before I bought it. Then after buying it was told theu ONLY support the rental photoshop.

Just learning artrage and it looks like it will do what I need for the projects coming up

However

My cover is a photo of ocean sunset and a young girl (both my photos) with script text.

With photoshop I can clean the ocean and improve the sunset and remove the background of the girl and insert her.

I think artrage will do the mods to the photo I need, mainly shadow and color enhansements, but I dont if I can seperate the girl from the background in artrage and enter her in a layer over the ocean.

Any suggestions

Chad Weatherford
08-30-2018, 05:10 PM
It sounds like the whole project is a job for Photoshop to be honest. I don’t know if desktop ArtRage has a selection tool?

Enug
08-30-2018, 06:36 PM
If ARLite comes with a selection tool and I think it does - you will be able to freehand select around your subject and delete the background. It can then be used with a background of your choice.

Alternatively, there are a number of free online background removers - choose the one that works best for you. Here's one but most work in a similar manner. https://online.photoscissors.com/

David B Rose
08-31-2018, 07:16 AM
Thanks to all