PDA

View Full Version : Learning How To Use the Sticker and Stencil functions. "Victory"

gigmaster
08-25-2018, 07:05 AM
I was playing around with the Stencil and Sticker tools, and here is what I was able to do. The SPAD plane I did with the Pencil tool. I didn't get the tail quite right, but I will keep working on it... The Squadron markings I drew from an old photo taken around 1918. I guessed at the colors, from descriptions written by the actual pilots.

D Akey
08-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Nice. I don't myself use stickers so I can't comment on that. Not sure what they're used for in a piece like this -- like decals on a model plane? With all the interest in the details you show, while I'm sure this is a natural point of view in the air with scale and so forth, for a painting it's kind of thin. I would think you would like to try staging it in various ways, like with one or both of the planes closer and thus bigger, filling the painting with more interest. Then you could really go to town with the details. Good experiment.

Alexandra
09-09-2018, 04:07 AM
Great ideas. It gives the appearance of being above the plane and viewing the ocean current.