PDA

View Full Version : Hole in the Windshield

Alexandra
08-06-2018, 07:00 AM
Still playing with the differential settings....I would love to read your views on this one. I did not know what to name it other than a hole in the windshield as I have one and now a crack down the side from all of the road construction nearby!

Chuck_M
08-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Love the colors, has a wet mirror feel to it.
Maybe like a mirrored passageway to another dimension. Then again, if it's a crack in a windshield... it can be a passageway to your wallet. ; )
Very nice!

Alexandra
08-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Love the colors, has a wet mirror feel to it.
Maybe like a mirrored passageway to another dimension. Then again, if it's a crack in a windshield... it can be a passageway to your wallet. ; )
Very nice!
Haha, well said, Chuck. I am not looking forward to that part of it. Sure wish there was a special more stronger glass- then again I am sure I would be painting something else like crying in the rain.

Selby
08-07-2018, 11:07 AM
oh dear that sounds expensive!

As for your painting-love your colour pallet and its very dynamic using the bright yellow to draw the eye into the crack. I really like it

D Akey
08-08-2018, 06:38 AM
I've had more than one crack in the windshield. I don't follow trucks anymore.

The paint coloration is intriguing. The only time I've seen colors like this in the world was with mood rings and the flats that you would press your finger on and it would create an image remarkably like this -- from the 60s as I recall. So combining this with the cracked windshield, I would have to say it's showing the natural emotional reaction. Very interesting way to show it.

pat1940
08-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Sandy, how creative, love the colors and the design , you may as well wait for construction to finish before you get it fixed lol.. cost 200.00 last time we had it done

Selby
08-08-2018, 09:02 AM
DAkey- your right! ..infact i have one of those rings inmy drawer I bought a few months ago on a whim because it reminded me so fondly of childhood

DaveRage
08-08-2018, 01:12 PM
You're getting some neat effects with layer blend modes here by the looks of it! It makes me think of something flying through a pane of glass, or diving into water, particularly with that 'ripple'

Alexandra
08-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Chuck, Selby, D Akey, Pat, and Dave, thanks so much for taking time out to comment. I really appreciate it. I have so much going on it is difficult for me to paint seriously, but I find these pieces to be fun, easy, and relaxing. I still want to make a shell, Dave. I just need to figure out how to make a curve around the sides or distort it once I combine the layers. Pat, and D Akey, I think I will certainly wait until all of this construction is done. It is crazy expensive, Selby, I am not looking forward to getting it done. It does resemble a mood ring, D Akey. I had forgotten. A time where the smiley face, fuzzy peel and stick foot print, and don't forget the moon shoes.