PDA

View Full Version : What the Years Have Given - 3

gxhpainter
08-02-2018, 06:18 AM
this painting called for a restrained ( for me ) color pallet and a more somber mood, hope you all can enjoy it for what it says...to you.

pat1940
08-02-2018, 06:46 AM
Gary I love this one, the patterns are really good and also love those colors

gxhpainter
08-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Gary I love this one, the patterns are really good and also love those colorsThanks Pat I was unsure of this one initially and the colors gave me pause as I am so in the habit
of using bright and saturated colors, which is exactly why I steered away from those for this work...it was definitely a stretch for me but I am very happy you like it, and it has received lots of positive comments
on Instagram as well.

pat1940
08-02-2018, 12:02 PM
Gary there was no need to be unsure with this, I actually felt very peaceful looking at this, I came back the second and third time, thats how much I love this piece

D Akey
08-02-2018, 01:46 PM
More wild free-associations than most for me. In addition to all that, this started to take on a comic book feel owing to those shapes taking on a distinctly figurative look to me. I could look at this one were it on my wall and have a different story each time, kind of like Bradbury's Illustrated Man -- only not dark at all where his was.

gxhpainter
08-03-2018, 05:08 PM
More wild free-associations than most for me. In addition to all that, this started to take on a comic book feel owing to those shapes taking on a distinctly figurative look to me. I could look at this one were it on my wall and have a different story each time, kind of like Bradbury's Illustrated Man -- only not dark at all where his was. an interesting take on this D Akey, its great that it is tickling your imagination more than usual....:)

Selby
08-08-2018, 09:09 AM
it makes me think of how gems are made-under pressure like the lessons we learn in life- i like it a lot

gxhpainter
08-08-2018, 10:48 AM
it makes me think of how gems are made-under pressure like the lessons we learn in life- i like it a lot thanks Selby ! a good analogy for this one...

Alexandra
08-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Oh wow, Gary....another awesome piece. I see a happy childhood filled with fun rides on a unicorn of an old carousel and county fairs with cotton candy.:o

Chuck_M
08-12-2018, 05:10 AM
Very nice Gary!
I'm liking the low contrast in this, it sets the mood like the weather here... cloudy and windy with a high chance of rain.
My favorite kind of weather.... Well done!