PDA

View Full Version : Is there a recommended tablet for PC?

ColinSW
07-15-2018, 03:20 AM
Hi, I've started using using Artrage on an Ipad and would like to move on to the PC version with a Pen tablet - can you recommended a suitable tablet ?
I don't have the budget for display tablet like the Cintiq.

markw
07-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Hello CollinSW and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
If you are considering a non-screen tablet and have the budget I would recomend a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium size or Large size.
If my current Intuos 4 should ever fail me I would get a new Intuos Pro without hesitation.
There are many other capable non-screen tablets out there to chose from but as of yet I have found no others who’s drivers offer the amount of user customisable possibilities in settings.

narf
08-20-2018, 01:35 AM
I use a Wacom Intuos 3 for many years now.

I had other tablets before - with more durable surfaces, but the drivers were shit.

I have 2 monitors and could not access the second monitor with the pen, but with the
Intuos everything worked perfectly.

Later I bought a small early Wacom Bamboo with touch - this was cheap and crappy even though
it is from Wacom. Touch did not work properly. OK, I don't need touch anyway. I hate trackpads. ;-)

When I compare the drawing experience between Bamboo and Intous - boy, the Intuos are sooo much
better!

Of course, I don't know if it is still like that, as I have not bought an actual tablet in the recent time as my
Intuos still works fine.

Just want to tell you my experience.

I bought a Wacom Cintique tablet computers some years ago, but that was a waste of money.
Even though it has an i7 processor it is slow and I always fear to scratch the display - as I
have a lot of scratches on the Intuos surface. I used the tablet 14 hours a day over years. :)
And it can't be turned off completly. At least I could not manage that. If I use the shut down
function on the Windows 8.1, it still needs power and the battery is empty 2 or 3 days later.
So I always have to need to connect it to a powerline which sucks!

Just my experience the the topic tablets and co.

narf
08-20-2018, 01:38 AM
Hi, I've started using using Artrage on an Ipad and would like to move on to the PC version with a Pen tablet - can you recommended a suitable tablet ?
I don't have the budget for display tablet like the Cintiq.

What I forgot - you can use your iPad as a tablet on a Mac, too.

There is an app called Astropad

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/astropad-standard/id934510730?mt=8