PDA

View Full Version : Landscape

pat1940
07-05-2018, 09:30 AM
A while since I have done a landscape, done in wc

D Akey
07-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Cool. Very articulate.

It's interesting. There are all kinds of levels in paintings. Sometimes the artist doesn't even know what's coming up to be looked at until after they step back and get out of the head space of the mechanics of painting. Of course, sometimes they do know. But for me it's often like cutting away the brush around an old path. Sometimes it's even like reading tea leaves. But the value is that sooner or later the conscious and unconscious meet.

And that's sort of what we all want -- certainly when we're needing that extra strength and ability to put things in perspective. We're either clearing out old unresolved stuff or we're discovering our inner, deeper joy that somehow got sidetracked with all the clutter we have in our lives. It's one of the greatest values available to the artist. We still want to do great paintings, but it's the focus that we have available to us on the inner level that for me was the unexpected treasure I didn't know was available in this manner. Since you are doing meditation, you probably know what I'm talking about. It goes to very similar places. With painting as opposed to meditation, it occupies the chatty mind so that the other, quiet side can come forward to speak -- often from a wise place.

So since you've revealed something about your life these days, it's not much of an insight to comment on this painting from my perspective (and it's only my peanut gallery point of view), but this painting looks like the skies are clear and heavenly, but the direct way uphill to get there is filled with happy patches interspersed with barriers or obstacles. But to me the most evident part is that you are holding onto the vision of the clear skies, and those skies are still over everything, tough or easy. And that shows your great character. You can look at the way up and focus on the fulfilling or the challenging -- or both at the same time. To me you really have a wonderful perspective, that of an artist, and that of a traveler. I'm very impressed.

So as a painting, I see things that could be better visually as a composition or whatever. But as a painting giving you a look at what's up for you, it's phenomenal. (and again, if I'm wrong, just ignore my running at the mouth.)

Go Pat go go go!!!!!!!!

pat1940
07-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Dear DAkey, I want to thank you so much for making my day better, I cannot believe how much of the truth you read into my painting, besides my husband having Alziemers, my dear sister has pancrea cancer and only has a short time left, she is very strong
she told me not to be sad as she is not sad, she said its time to see her husband and daughter that passed away years ago of cancer. She will be placed in hospice and they are so good in Canada, they will make sure that she does not suffer with pain and make her comfortable, as long as she is out of pain, that is the most important thing for the both of us, I will miss her dearly as she has been my rock for the past years. So I thank you again Mr. DAkey for your incite of my painting, I could never do that myself
you gave me couragement and hope and a little more strength to go through this tough time........ps this is the 3rd time I have written my reply and it did not go through so heres hoping

Rondo
07-07-2018, 07:53 AM
like I said somewhere before, I don't understand WC ;( but I digg this one

D Akey
07-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Dear DAkey, I want to thank you so much for making my day better, I cannot believe how much of the truth you read into my painting, besides my husband having Alziemers, my dear sister has pancrea cancer and only has a short time left, she is very strong
she told me not to be sad as she is not sad, she said its time to see her husband and daughter that passed away years ago of cancer. She will be placed in hospice and they are so good in Canada, they will make sure that she does not suffer with pain and make her comfortable, as long as she is out of pain, that is the most important thing for the both of us, I will miss her dearly as she has been my rock for the past years. So I thank you again Mr. DAkey for your incite of my painting, I could never do that myself
you gave me couragement and hope and a little more strength to go through this tough time........ps this is the 3rd time I have written my reply and it did not go through so heres hoping

Glad you pushed through with the reply. I know about the timing out when posting something more than a quick line. What I found that saves me is that I always now select and copy what I've written because I know I have to go back and paste it in after logging back in. It's a stupid setting they have for these forums that times out way to fast IMHO.

I'm most gratified to hear what you thought and that I am kinda in the ballpark with my commenting. And it's good to hear and where you are with your life's process. It's all part of your personal expression -- which is not a solitary thing as many of us can share the feelings you put into your work. Very sorry about your sister in addition to your husband. Both are rough. You all sound very strong and in a decent space with it all. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Now quit your lolli-gagging and get back in there and paint!

DaveRage
07-09-2018, 05:21 PM
That's a nice warm looking painting, Pat

-----
Quick tech support mode on!

I'm sorry to hear about posts for both of you being being lost, I do understand that's rather frustrating!

Here's some quick information:

If you log in to the ArtRage forums and check 'remember me', then in theory this shouldn't happen. However, when you make a post on the forums without checking this option, your session will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity by default. If you are on a public computer for example, and walk away, someone else can't continue to post as you a few minutes later if you haven't manually logged out.

I've changed this setting to one hour, which I believe should prevent the problem from occurring. You may need to clear your cookies for it to take effect. If you still have problems though, please send me a private message or an email at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do!

pat1940
07-10-2018, 07:39 AM
Thanks Dave and thanks for responding to the problem and your info

damasocl
07-10-2018, 07:51 AM
A beautiful work... Your textures are great!!! Go ahead!

pat1940
07-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Thank you again Damaso for such kind comments

D Akey
07-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Yeah, thanks Dave! I for one am thinking it's more inviting to have a nice interaction at the leisurely pace I prefer.

So great job!