PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Yellow Door

gxhpainter
06-20-2018, 07:09 AM
This work was just juried into a National Competition held at the Brand Art Center in Glendale California.. here is a partial clip from the email that
notified my that the work was selected for the show. The work is printed on Hahnemühle photo rag paper and is 84x84 cm. Anyone in the Area of Burbank CA
please attend the show, I will be there Sept 8th for the opening.

Congratulations! The above artwork has been accepted into the Brand 46 Annual National Juried Exhibition of Works on Paper which will be on view at the Brand Library and Art Center in Glendale, California from September 8 through October 26, 2018. Juror Edward Goldman reviewed 1093 submissions, of which 79 were selected for the exhibition. The show opens on Saturday, September 8 and we invite you to join the Associates for two opening events, a private reception with our juror and invited guests from 5-6:30 p.m. followed by our public opening from 7:00-9:30.

pat1940
06-21-2018, 02:28 AM
Wow, Gary this is wonderful news for you and what an interesting painting, so much to see there, it has been a long time and I wondered what you were up too, nice to see you again, big congrats on your success, I have just come back myself
It has been a rough year, Al has alziemers, mother in law still around 100 in August and we dont go back to Canada as the drive is too long for us, had to pass on POA to sister in law as Al cannot make responsible choices anymore, my sister was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, so anyway I have been doing watercolors and meditation and it has helped so much, well enough of that, it is so hot 98 so have been staying in the cool house lol

gxhpainter
06-21-2018, 05:59 AM
Hi Pat, Wow sounds like you are really going through some tough times, painting and meditation are the best recourse, I was very happy to see all your new works here. I kind of stop posting because no one commented on my work so not much point in it. but looks like DAkey and now you are here so i might have to start posting!... take care dear friend.

pat1940
06-21-2018, 06:46 AM
Yes I noticed this big change Gary, where is Caesar and some more of the regulars, but start posting again, DAkey has really helped my with my watercolors

D Akey
06-22-2018, 03:39 AM
:D:D:D:D:D Sweet!!!! :D:D:D:D:D