PDA

View Full Version : Diva our Sheltie. Still in progress

danny72
06-18-2018, 03:34 AM
95368 Our loverly family member Diva, who past away last year. She was the sweetest dog in the world. Still very missed of course

Zeropainter
06-18-2018, 03:49 AM
looks very nice ;) congrats

Maybe the two legs in the foreground for my eyes/taste a bit to short - but I don't know your dog or the reference (perspective foreshortening)

danny72
06-18-2018, 04:05 AM
Thanks! . Sheltie dogs have very short legs. It's not a collie. (You know ,the lassie dog from the TV series) What I have to work with is all her hair ..

pat1940
06-18-2018, 06:24 AM
WOW Danny that is beautiful, male or female? Great job, who could not love that face

D Akey
06-18-2018, 06:49 AM
What a great portrait. I like the subtle detail you include and not, particularly in the white. I am enjoying the black and white pattern and how well it shows off the overall form of the dog.

You're doing great. It has communicated a very charming personality for your pet. I always love how animals can be so aware of their beauty when someone is admiring them, and yet they can switch to doggie mode when it's time to play or whatever.

danny72
06-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Diva was a she. She was so sweet,smart and beautiful. We miss her very much. Thank you for the nice comment Pat1940..... Drawing dogs isn't really my thing... But her I wanted to draw. It more that a year that she past away. I couldn't draw her earlier. To much feelings.

danny72
06-18-2018, 08:10 AM
Thank you D.akey . I will post the final drawing later. She was a loverly dog,needed to do a portrait of her. So we can have her in the living room to look at on a daily basis ;-)

eighty+
06-18-2018, 08:46 AM
Great Danny Takes me back to when I was in my early teens. And had a small white. Terrier and used to over to the cornfields. And I,d throw the ball and as she ran off to find I would hide. Then could hear her dashing around looking for me so having a careful look I could see her jumping with her head just above the corn with her ears flying as she looked
Around. Of coarse she all Ways found me. But she liked playing the game. and made us both happy:rolleyes: :D.

danny72
06-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Great Danny Takes me back to when I was in my early teens. And had a small white. Terrier and used to over to the cornfields. And I,d throw the ball and as she ran off to find I would hide. Then could hear her dashing around looking for me so having a careful look I could see her jumping with her head just above the corn with her ears flying as she looked
Around. Of coarse she all Ways found me. But she liked playing the game. and made us both happy:rolleyes: :D.
Yeah Mr 80+ We probably get a dog when we get a bit older. Great companionship a dog is. They are always happy.