PDA

View Full Version : Watercolor Sunflower

pat1940
06-13-2018, 10:18 AM
A Sunflower for DAkey , I am following your great advise and hope I improve along the way

D Akey
06-13-2018, 04:33 PM
Good! Nice and simple subject that's filled with all kinds of shapes to play with. And it's a sunflower which I have loved depicted in art since seeing Van Gogh's. I'm glad yours is simpler as you try out the watercolor paint in AR.

I think it's an auspicious start. You're looking at shapes and your playing with flowing in some watercolor. Very good. You're getting an idea how to fill the spaces. There are some interesting marks -- particularly the bits that look like they were sponged with a damp cloth. Very cool. That has an authentic feel. How did you do it?

Hope this was fun and whetted your appetite. It sure looks like it was. Rather makes you want to go farther. Sunflowers have a nice earthy vibe. When and if you decide to do other more saturated flowers it will be interesting to see how you play in that range as well when it strikes your fancy to do so. In the field artillery one fires too far, then too short and then in between to hit the mark. It kind of works that way sometimes. I know you're no stranger to color so I think this is going to be an interesting foray for you. I love this one.

Go Pat!!!!

pat1940
06-14-2018, 01:41 AM
So glad you like this DAkey and thanks for the nice comments, I did the marks by using the transparancy where I wanted it to put little globs in and then used the soft knife to cut into the color, and now on to my next one lol

eighty+
06-14-2018, 01:51 AM
HI Pat yes good I like it Ploos

pat1940
06-14-2018, 03:58 AM
Thank you dear eighty, I checked out your painting yesterday and they are so good, will get back there today, have been so focused on watercolors, how have you been, hope you are well