PDA

View Full Version : Query re: jpeg export and visible banding

Bertrude
06-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Hi. I'm trying to export a jpeg image from AR but keep noticing banding that's occuring in some areas - a sky area in my case. I've got the jpeg quality set to 100% in the advanced preferences but still have this happen (please see attachment). Is it to be expected due whatever compression is still taking place?

I can work around it - tiff files output better but wanted to mention it in case there's a problem with the jpeg export.

EDIT:
I've also managed to work around it by duplicating my sky background and applying 8% monochromatic noise. It's still a little apparent but not so obvious.

DaveRage
06-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Hi Bertrude,

It's likely that the banding is due to jpeg compression, but it'd still be worthwhile looking into this. Could you email me at [email protected] and attach the source painting file if it's small? Alternatively if it's a larger file, if you can email me, we can sort out a way of getting the file and taking a look at it.

Bertrude
06-12-2018, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the help Dave. My original ptg file is over 560MB so I'll strip it down and send you a dropbox link to it via email when it eventually uploads.