PDA

View Full Version : Heart of the Home

pat1940
05-15-2018, 05:35 AM
I dont know why it is, but I feel like I have lived somewhere like this, I have never been to Italy or anywhere else that have homes like this but I am so drawn
to paint these beautiful courtyards and when I do paint these homes I feel a little sad that there is something missing in my life, it sounds silly but it feels real

D Akey
05-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Well, Pat, I think many people know exactly of what you speak. I believe there's a whole lot pulling on us and that may be why we paint -- to help focus the lens as it were. All those feelings and settings seem preserved in paintings.

I can hardly believe you have never been to Tuscany -- this lifetime. It's a beautiful, magical place when you get there, especially if one has been romanticizing it for years. That was the case for me. It was almost surreal seeing the solidity of my imaginings right in front of me -- only somewhat different.

I was very much into Renaissance art and times and so in my head Tuscany and all those old art places were still in the 1400s give or take a few centuries. So when I finally got there, I felt like a Renaissance artist who got catapulted through time to our current times. A lot of things from the old paintings were still around, but people were dressed funny -- modern. So the modern world was the one that was like a hallucination. And believe me, that's a trip.

Anyway, nice painting. Very homey. I can almost smell the food cooking and hear someone sweeping across the stones with a rude broom.

pat1940
05-21-2018, 07:10 AM
Thank you DAkey, If I ever get the chance, Italy will be my destination

sabena
05-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Fantastic painting Pat i like very much:)

DaveRage
05-25-2018, 11:42 AM
Very nice! This feels really summery, which is especially good as it's pouring with rain over here :)

D Akey
05-25-2018, 07:12 PM
Very nice! This feels really summery, which is especially good as it's pouring with rain over here :)

It always confuses me about the seasons being flopped, with Santa in a bathing suit in your part of the globe and all. Well, if you get too much rain, package some of it up and send it to Southern California. The weather man here is way off. They said there was zero percent chance of rain today so in keeping with tradition, it sprinkled a bit -- just enough to scientifically prove them wrong. Not enough that you sending us some of your overflow wouldn't be welcome. Cheers.

Marilyn Anne
05-26-2018, 01:01 PM
That is lovely Pat!

pat1940
05-30-2018, 10:17 AM
I thank all of you for such kind comments, always appreciate them,
DAkey, we are having plenty of rain, will send some there for you