PDA

View Full Version : iPad: How to make a "squiggle" or "scribble" brush?

mhulse
04-30-2018, 04:01 PM
Hello,

I sometimes like to draw using squiggles/scribbles, like so (quick example using Wacom in Photoshop):

I'm pretty new to ArtRage, but I was wondering how hard it would be to make a brush that emulates a scribble/squiggle effect like above?

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm on the iPad.

HannahRage
05-01-2018, 01:02 PM
You can't make a custom brush that will actually squiggle automatically in the iPad app, but you can get a stroke that works like a ballpoint pen so you can draw your own squiggles.

Pick the Ink Pen, set Pressure*, Aspect, Opacity to 100%, turn off Smoothing and Taper Length (or leave Smoothing at 3%ish) and leave Square Head off. You will then have a stroke almost exactly like a ballpoint pen and you can squiggle away.

*If you don't have a pressure sensitive stylus, you can ignore Pressure. Setting it to 100% stops it changing size on you.

DaveRage
05-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Moving this to technical support

mhulse
05-01-2018, 01:57 PM
You can't make a custom brush that will actually squiggle automatically in the iPad app, but you can get a stroke that works like a ballpoint pen so you can draw your own squiggles.

Pick the Ink Pen, set Pressure*, Aspect, Opacity to 100%, turn off Smoothing and Taper Length (or leave Smoothing at 3%ish) and leave Square Head off. You will then have a stroke almost exactly like a ballpoint pen and you can squiggle away.

*If you don't have a pressure sensitive stylus, you can ignore Pressure. Setting it to 100% stops it changing size on you.

Ah, great, thank you for your help! I will give that a try! :)

I really appreciate the help!