PDA

View Full Version : Old fella ........ Old posts , resurfacing after very lengthy hiatus

speggie
04-17-2018, 06:53 AM
Return imminent ? .......... Could be !!!!!!

D Akey
04-17-2018, 07:00 AM
Speglander! Speggie old bean, old sock!

What a pleasant surprise to see you popping in. So are you painting again then? Or have you been painting all along? I remember you shared some pretty great photography some years back. Was wondering if that took you into that world and you found a home.

Anyway, it's great to see your work again and it's certainly good seeing your avatar, heh. Hope to see you around. Trust all's well with you.

speggie
04-18-2018, 03:23 AM
Hello D !!!! How goes it ? All good here thanks, thought I'd pop in to say hello !!!! oh yeah I've done that already hee....
Been doodling and tinkering but nothing serious just finding the time seems more difficult than ever ! Nice to see you're still supporting and offering advice to many Artist and artragers alike ...... I've decided to start the Artrage piccies again to save space around the house !!! Like a hoarders paradise at the minute what with all the paper / scraps / backs of envelopes etc that have been my canvases for many a moon cluttering up the place hee ....... The photography still an interesting and enjoyable hobby, but with limited funds as per , the camera and lenses need updating !!! Cheaper to purchase Artrage 5 !! Ha ha , it's come along way since 2006 won't have a clue what to do with the bloody thing !!! hopefully see you soon here on the boards and forums . Hope you and yours are well ? ..... See ya pal ...... a few new photos for your perusal .

Dave Spear

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118822049@N03/albums/72157680879507156

D Akey
04-18-2018, 06:52 AM
And you're only a hobbyist with your photos? Well it's not because you lack the balls to go out there and do it. Those are some very cool images. You have the feel of someone who goes into interesting places within a certain radius -- like a chronicler of one's spot on the planet. I can see the cross over between your paintings and photography. I mean they're not carbon copies obviously, but the density of detail and stuff in the melieu sort of plays a part. It's like there are bits that seem to come forward for a look here and there and then slip back into the mix, in a manner of speaking.

Great stuff. Certainly a joy to revisit your paintings as well. I would have thought by now you would have done several album covers at the very least. Too bad there's a very narrow recording industry anymore and so much of it is grass roots and if you don't know the band personally you probably wouldn't get asked.

Things here are good, thanks. I'm still swinging the bat.

I look forward to your next foray into painting.