PDA

View Full Version : MADE WITH MATCHES 2 - Paul Newman

Sincriffid
04-10-2018, 05:14 AM
I've dedicated this artwork to my wife, because she loved Paul Newman. It has a long story. When my bio book will be published I will tell it's story there, and also the stoty of every artwork.
If you see some imperfections is because I wasn't good with shades. It was one of my first ones.

I've created it with matches and oil colors, gluing them together on boards called "Nisiello's Boards".

The sizes are 37x54cm

D Akey
04-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Congratulations. It sounds like a fascinating story with a lot of heart. Distinctive technique. Because of the shape of the match sticks it takes on a little bit of a Van Gogh feel, doesn't it.

Just to let you know, this is a website for digital painting done to some degree in the program ArtRage. Have you thought about doing digital painting? You can download a free demo and see if it's something you would enjoy. You might be able to apply your artistry in that way as well.

Sincriffid
04-10-2018, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=D Akey;522928]Congratulations. It sounds like a fascinating story with a lot of heart. Distinctive technique. Because of the shape of the match sticks it takes on a little bit of a Van Gogh feel, doesn't it.

Thank you! It looks like Van Gogh style right? Here's my Van Gogh! Tell me who do you want to see and I will show it to you! I have 44 artworks! I have Stallone, Ayrton Senna, Marylin...! I am 74 years old I don't know anything about digital art, I'll stick with my matches artworks

kenmo
04-11-2018, 05:31 AM
Wow...incredibly done....

hamer1952
04-11-2018, 03:17 PM
Nicely done. I bet these paintings if you want to call them paintings took a long time and a lot of match sticks.

Sincriffid
04-12-2018, 06:04 AM
Yes that's true, I needed 2 years to make this one! We can call it "art pop" because it's a collage of glue, colr oils and matches

hamer1952
04-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Why do you keep posting traditional art on here. This site is for digital art only by artrage and artrage has a painting app that you can download for free it's a demo version and see if you like it and if you do you can buy it and have it installed on your computer or tablet.