PDA

View Full Version : A Calm Embrace

gxhpainter
02-09-2018, 02:56 PM
expressive of a meditative state , I hope with a certain warmth as well.

D Akey
02-10-2018, 04:12 AM
Hey, I really like this one. I like the meditation. It yielded some good stuff. The elements and/or the way you constructed the elements is very satisfying. It's like laying out elements or fragments onto black cloth, much as a jeweler would for examining gemstones for quality.

I really like this. Feels artistic and skillful as well as verbal and non-verbal. Has many considerations to look at because it more less features them in that light.

gxhpainter
02-10-2018, 06:23 AM
Hey, I really like this one. I like the meditation. It yielded some good stuff. The elements and/or the way you constructed the elements is very satisfying. It's like laying out elements or fragments onto black cloth, much as a jeweler would for examining gemstones for quality.

I really like this. Feels artistic and skillful as well as verbal and non-verbal. Has many considerations to look at because it more less features them in that light. wow thanks D Akey your commentary on this is so very helpful and encouraging, and so happy to share it with you!... many thanks as you are just about the only one to comment on my posts... I had two recent works juried into a national exhibition in Raleigh, North Carolina at gallery 311. North Carolina has such a rich history of arts and crafts and fine art schools I was pretty thrilled to have two works juried in. I have set myself up with a FedEx business account so I can ship directly from my house. and get shipping supplies etc from them. I am hoping 2018 has some actual sales ! Wish me luck.

D Akey
02-10-2018, 02:03 PM
One would hope so. I think there would at least be activity in your fabric sales? Your stuff there was particularly stunning. Creative marketing. And sure, selling wall graphics is a distinct possibility once you start landing some more shows and tacking it onto your name since that's what you have anchoring all these lines that can't be replicated. Keep putting it out there. And hitch yourself to a rising star is another thing to look at.

gxhpainter
02-11-2018, 12:32 PM
One would hope so. I think there would at least be activity in your fabric sales? Your stuff there was particularly stunning. Creative marketing. And sure, selling wall graphics is a distinct possibility once you start landing some more shows and tacking it onto your name since that's what you have anchoring all these lines that can't be replicated. Keep putting it out there. And hitch yourself to a rising star is another thing to look at. well yes I have had a little success with that, not as much as I had hoped for , right now I am mainly focused on fine art, submission to National and International exhibitions through a service called Cafe ( call for entries ). And responding to inquires from galleries both online and physical, and online art magazines based in France and the Netherlands.