PDA

View Full Version : Milk Churn

Enug
02-09-2018, 04:08 AM
Memories of milk deliveries by horse-drawn cart.:)

HwyStar
02-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Excellent work June! The straw/hay came out perfectly.

Enug
02-09-2018, 06:13 PM
Thanks Robert - I was disappointed in the effect on colours after resizing and compression for posting. Kind of you to comment.

eighty+
02-10-2018, 02:54 AM
like it June the straw and texture on the milk urn but before :D my time plus was always up the fields playing cowboys and injbums ok is the right shoulder a bit high ???

D Akey
02-10-2018, 04:05 AM
Nice theme thing happening. The texture on the milk can is really a nice enamel surface texture against the more organic toothiness of the other materials.

Just for discussion, did you consider your options when putting in the flowers? Including more as a decorative bouquet kind of thing, or just one as a way to draw the eye to a spot. Right now the relation between the two flowers is a major player in this. And that's fine. Just thinking aloud.

Your painting skills have really gotten good. Well done.

Enug
02-11-2018, 01:20 AM
Mr Ploos - it could be a fraction. :p

Well horse-drawn deliveries weren't before my time and I'm younger than you.;) Here in Oz we had bread and milk delivered by horse and cart in the '50's. My mother would leave a "billy-can" on the front porch and the 'milko' would ladle the milk into it. Amazingly the horses would move off to the next customer on their own and wait there for the driver to replenish his bread basket or milk container whichever the case may be.

Thanks Mr Akey - I intended the flowers but colours got distorted in processing to publish.:( I had my doubts about the texture on the churn. It looks better on the original before resizing.