PDA

View Full Version : Two & Three

gxhpainter
02-05-2018, 07:09 AM
symbolic, mysterious, unknown shapes and colors that seem to be saying something not understood on a verbal level but on a deeper instinctual one.

D Akey
02-06-2018, 08:40 AM
I would entitle this "Facebook".

Since we tend to seek relationships within a picture oft times, especially with some artists looking to offer the sense of it already worked out, here it seems like a deliberate challenge to do so, like, "You figure it out."

I feel like it's a puzzle in the raw. Intriguing. I would not look at this on the wall and feel soothed. And that's an interesting statement in itself for a work of art.

gxhpainter
02-07-2018, 07:11 AM
I would entitle this "Facebook".

Since we tend to seek relationships within a picture oft times, especially with some artists looking to offer the sense of it already worked out, here it seems like a deliberate challenge to do so, like, "You figure it out."

I feel like it's a puzzle in the raw. Intriguing. I would not look at this on the wall and feel soothed. And that's an interesting statement in itself for a work of art. yes this is not a soothing work but more a
reflection of the challenges of the world and its impact on the viewer and it definitely asks the viewer to work out its meaning... if that is even possible or atleast to stand back and simply see what is there.