PDA

View Full Version : Red Supreme -1

gxhpainter
01-31-2018, 11:48 AM
letting red dominate as the other instruments in the orchestra play softly in the background, inspired by some music by John Coletrane..

D Akey
02-01-2018, 09:00 AM
Um. . .I was puzzling over this one and I was trying to figure out what this represents in you. What it says to me, which is just a hipshot guess of course, is that since you are going to a new land, anticipating a dream come true, these are new things and you are visually expressing butterflies. It's as if you're involuntarily holding your breath. But, believe me, brother, you're going to do great. I'm excited for you. Go Gary GO GO GO!!!!!!!! Go as the artist.

gxhpainter
02-05-2018, 06:59 AM
Um. . .I was puzzling over this one and I was trying to figure out what this represents in you. What it says to me, which is just a hipshot guess of course, is that since you are going to a new land, anticipating a dream come true, these are new things and you are visually expressing butterflies. It's as if you're involuntarily holding your breath. But, believe me, brother, you're going to do great. I'm excited for you. Go Gary GO GO GO!!!!!!!! Go as the artist. Yep I think that is going on for sure, getting a lot of attention from various directions for my work, is exhilarating and scary at the same time. For this piece I just had been watching a great documentary on John Coletrane called Chasing Trane... and it gave me a much deeper appreciation of the man and his music. So softer tones mixed with pure notes of one or two colors...was the result with kinda of a pastel finish to things..it has been a big hit on Instagram.. thanks for your comments sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you..

damasocl
02-11-2018, 08:15 AM
I like very much this painting!!!!
Textures are wonderful...!!!!
Congratulations!!!!

gxhpainter
02-11-2018, 12:28 PM
I like very much this painting!!!!
Textures are wonderful...!!!!
Congratulations!!!! thank you so much damasocl :)

Chad Weatherford
02-17-2018, 10:44 PM
I really like it too! Oddly enough, I do get a sense of music or notes in the peaks and valleys when I move my eye across the image. I don't necessarily know if I would have the same experience had it not been for your explanation, but it helps my appreciation for it. Thanks for sharing!

gxhpainter
02-18-2018, 07:00 AM
Thanks Chad, as an admirer of your work your comment is greatly appreciated!..

altimaître
02-19-2018, 12:43 AM
Very pretty ! thank you !