PDA

View Full Version : Cassowary

copespeak
01-24-2018, 06:44 PM
I had a wonderful time painting this Cassowary, with ref. photo from the wonderful Wendy Sinclair. It will be going into a local art show. The print section now allows digital, which is wonderful!!

Apologies for the watermark, I had an image stolen from here and merged into an Artrage member's painting, so am a bit nervous of it happening again.

D Akey
01-24-2018, 07:07 PM
You simply MUST get that printed onto a wood sign, your name and all, and hang it from a wrought iron arm over the front door to your studio. That is AWESOME!!!! Biz cards and all. It may be my favorite painting I've seen of yours posted here. Go Go GO!!!!!

copespeak
01-24-2018, 07:24 PM
You lovely man, you're very good for my ego! I have been teaching Ipad for a year, but have shut that down so I can get back into the full program. And .... loving it!!

gxhpainter
01-25-2018, 05:59 AM
Hi Robyn, what a lovely work just love the sketchy ink lines and excellent drawing the feathers came out great, I totally agree with D Akey's assessment .... So great to hear that digital prints are being recognized as fine art in your local scene. I for one am thrilled at the prospect that we get more of your presence here now that you've wrapped up your ipad classes..

copespeak
01-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Thanks Gary, you are pumping out lots of work I see, as well. Theyre so beautiful, just like jewels! I don't come into the forum regularly, but when I see the list of your output, I am amazed! How wonderful you are so inspired.

gxhpainter
01-28-2018, 07:15 AM
Thanks Gary, you are pumping out lots of work I see, as well. Theyre so beautiful, just like jewels! I don't come into the forum regularly, but when I see the list of your output, I am amazed! How wonderful you are so inspired.wow thanks Robyn, this means a lot to me, it seems the more I paint the more that want to be painted! I am all booked up to travel to Lisbon Portugal for my gallery opening with 5 works! Now if I could get a gallery in Australia I could come and visit!..:rolleyes:

damasocl
01-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Great painting!!!

copespeak
01-29-2018, 07:42 AM
Wow! Showing in a gallery! That's brilliant, and demonstrates we digital artist are becoming accepted finally.

And thank you damasocl, lovely of you to comment.

carlcath
01-29-2018, 08:33 AM
It must be the "me to" movement getting to me cause I want to add my "me to" to what has already been said. Great Painting!!. Would look great on a sign at a hunting lodge or a bird preserve as well. Hope someone see it and buys it for that purpose.

copespeak
01-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Thanks caricath. I love these crazy birds, but they are not to be messed with as they have killed people. See: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUQDA48tQhs

D Akey
01-29-2018, 07:53 PM
Thanks caricath. I love these crazy birds, but they are not to be messed with as they have killed people. See: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUQDA48tQhs

They're freaking velociraptor in plumage, just to get you to lower your drawbridge! Good mascot for an artist.

copespeak
01-29-2018, 10:36 PM
Aren't they wonderful? They actually eat fruit and spread the seeds through the forest. Some seeds won't germinate unless they've done the journey through a cassowary.