PDA

View Full Version : Murmurs of the Canyon

gxhpainter
01-03-2018, 09:14 AM
After I went for a walk yesterday along the river in the canyon country, and listening to the still and subtle sounds there.

D Akey
01-08-2018, 05:41 AM
Like chalk pastels. A furthering of your explorations. Back around the abstract expressionists it's reminding me a bit of what may have led to Sam Francis' washy vertical color banding at the left and right edges of the canvas (are the one's I'm thinking of). His is like the curtains have opened to a blank canvas stage (to me). Big canvases back then. Anyway, I like the general idea behind this series. This one feels like you're taking a nature walk of discovery.

Red_Force
01-09-2018, 02:27 PM
... and I like that one too. It's good ad for art rage btw. Brush works that doesn't cheat with filter and mask and collage.

gxhpainter
01-11-2018, 04:50 AM
Like chalk pastels. A furthering of your explorations. Back around the abstract expressionists it's reminding me a bit of what may have led to Sam Francis' washy vertical color banding at the left and right edges of the canvas (are the one's I'm thinking of). His is like the curtains have opened to a blank canvas stage (to me). Big canvases back then. Anyway, I like the general idea behind this series. This one feels like you're taking a nature walk of discovery. big thanks D Akey I sort of liked the simplicity of the technique and direct brushwork and left it at that, so I appreciate your comments about it.

... and I like that one too. It's good ad for art rage btw. Brush works that doesn't cheat with filter and mask and collage. thanks Red_Force happy you also appreciate it.