PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Luminous Dreams

gxhpainter
01-02-2018, 12:38 PM
kind of a follow on to my previous post ("Complex & Fragile") as D Akey pointed out hints of Pop Art ( in the color ) with chromatic and linear expressions. This started after I made
some reference works with dots ( my own sloppy benday dots from Roy Lichtenstein ) but liked that I can resize and warp them as needed.

D Akey
01-08-2018, 05:52 AM
I really like this one. I think the groupings of your shapes are working really nicely. I also like the clarity of intention. This particular patterning feels full and organized for a design. A top contender for my tastes of the ones you've done along these lines.

Red_Force
01-09-2018, 02:24 PM
I like it too. I haven't seen a lot of abstract painting on computer but this one is solid IMO. Would be curious to see that on a wall. How would the colors play at larger scale ?

gxhpainter
01-11-2018, 04:57 AM
I really like this one. I think the groupings of your shapes are working really nicely. I also like the clarity of intention. This particular patterning feels full and organized for a design. A top contender for my tastes of the ones you've done along these lines. thanks my friend, the big shapes and clarity of colors worked out great in this one.

I like it too. I haven't seen a lot of abstract painting on computer but this one is solid IMO. Would be curious to see that on a wall. How would the colors play at larger scale ? thanks Red_Force, I have had my work printed out atleast 3'x'4' and they work well especially where as D Akey pointed out there is a clear and defined design and color, I think certain works could go even double that size, when I work I have that scale in mind sometimes, other works I want to keep to about 28" x 30" for a more intimate feeling. Interestingly I have been exploring the international and national (US) art scene and found very few digital abstracts as you say. Most digital works are collage/semi photographic works, with the notable exception of David Hockney of course.