Bumble
04-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Just a simple one....this is me just practising my blending skills :D

hanzz
04-28-2007, 08:02 AM
oh.... a silly practise?.... no more ?

8) 8)

You are knocking my socks off!
What a lightning. Your skills jumped sky high in less than a year , and you keep improving! that's why you stay my n ONE ArtRager !!

Bumble
04-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Thank You Hanzz..... :lol: :D :D :D :oops:

Peter Pinckney
04-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Beautiful Bumble.

screenpainter
04-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Nicely done Bumble,

Smooth gradiations. Beautiful color.

Gz

ENCHANTER
04-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Im with Hanzz

Gawp!! :shock: wow!

If ArtRage came in a box and I saw at PC world etc...

and I saw your pic on it.....I d buy it straight away! :D

Bumble
04-29-2007, 05:18 AM
Thank You Peter...... :D
Hello Gzairborne and Thank You...... :D
Thank You Enchanter...... :D :D

Aged P
04-29-2007, 05:43 AM
That's really quite nice, in a way.

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!
Excellent! Excellent Excellent!
Best one yet, you should be in the Welsh Painting Team.

Phil

Bumble
04-29-2007, 06:38 AM
:oops: Thank You very much Aged P :lol: :lol:

Mincher
04-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Excellent depth, especially on the stalk and fore petals. Well done!

Bumble
04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello Mincher.....and Thank You :D :D

heikki
04-29-2007, 05:04 PM
:)

Hei, "just a simple one",,,simple is most of times best,,,nice and fine rose. :D

:)

Bumble
04-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Thank you Heikki...... :D :D

Taron
04-30-2007, 05:15 AM
You know bumble, it must feel beautiful to look at your own painting and realize that the feeling of softness and delicate nature of such a grandious thing like a rose is practically peeling off the monitor just the way you saw it.

I find it one of the major milestones an artist should be after to define a substance on the screen. Soft, thin, thick, rough, porous, briddle, hard, massive, smooth, slippery...all these things. If you master all those, you get to be virtuous in your art, because the human spectator knows those substances and you can tell them stories, take them places, give them riddles and all that.

If you've learned as much as you've accomplished, not even as much, just enough from it, then soon you will be such an artist!

Congrats!

hanzz
04-30-2007, 06:08 AM
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1908
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2019

These are the first posts/paintings of Bumble (aug 2006 !)

I know Bumble will not like me for dragging these out. But, as she once told me herself, she never painted before.
But with the encouragement of this wonderfull board, and some tips from here and there, she became the rose we are looking at. And in that short time !

I feel thankfull to be able to witness such a progress of this fine artist, and others on this board as well.
So to all new artists coming here to try their hand at ArtRage: go for it, this program, and this board will lift your skills up ! (besides, we like to see new paintings)

8) 8)

bupaje
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Spectacular. Amazing even. Wish I could blend that smoothly (or paint the well for that matter). Very well done. :)

Bumble
05-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Taron, Thank You very much for your kind words.....It's the encouragement of my boyfriend, and the advice(and encouragement) of the members of this forum who are helping me every step of the way.(And the wonderful Artrage program :D :D ).

Hanzz Thank you :oops: (cringe) :oops: I was a little embarrased when I saw you had posted links to some of my old work. But I realized that everybody has to start somewhere :wink: :lol:

Thank You bupaje....... :D :D

Lordofmoon
05-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Waw :shock: that is one of the best rose figure that i have seen on the web ,its looks like real :shock: :shock: 8)
Congrats!!

Bumble
05-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Thank You Lordofmoon.... :D :D

angelic
05-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Hanzz,

Thank you for posting her two originals! It was actually much encouragement...

I, myself, have not ever painted except for a few miserable failures in traditional acrylic. More miserable because I can draw at a level of making a black and white photograph drawing look really darn close to the photograph.

So, I gave up - and then as luck would have it I stumbled upon ArtRage and this forum and got some freindly advice with a few posts. Then I looked at the gallery and...promptly gave up again! Thinking, of course, there's no way I could breach the mighy chasm between doing that level of work and where I am - or at least perceive myself to be - now.

This wonderful topic, though, as well as encouraging words of the "ever pro was once an amateur" variety, is making a very good attempt at selling me OUT of, well, not even MAKING an attempt due to where I am now and not sure how to get "there" - where the "pro's" work.

I am sure that it might be fashionable to say "just go to art school" but due to only learning I COULD draw when I was 24 (I am 37 now) and having a young toddler, there not even BEING a decent school near where I live, not even knowing HOW to progress, what to work on, etc, etc, etc...was certainly enough to evoke feelings of "why bother starting"?

I guess what I am saying is that you shouldn't feel embarassed at your early work - you should use it to encourage others! Like the old "before - after" pictures of people on diet programs...always helps to "sell" people on the program.

The "program" in this case being not just ArtRage, but making art in general.

Thank you for letting me post this and for posting your early work!!

- A

pai
05-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi Bumble,

WOW! WOW! WOW! :D This is excellent, excellent painting. I can't stop myself to get my eyes off this beautiful rose. Just want to touch it. You definitely is one of my favorite artists in this forum. All your works have so much for me to learn. Your paintings motivate, encourage me to learn everyday. (I know it's going to be hard and long way to have the skills like yours.... :roll: )

Bumble
05-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Angelic...hello and Thank You. I am pleased that my achievements here have encouraged you. :D :D
Pai, Thank You..... :D :D I used the chalk tool for all of it, all on one layer with the roughness set at 0%.

Lee
05-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Dear Bumble, is there an emote for speechless? hope someday there will be a way to put your rose and other great AR art on canvas and hang them in museums, your rose is one that you will look back on an wonder "Did I really do that ?"!!!!!!

tinzo
05-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Amazing bumble, love how you've painted this single rose wonderful. What's even more amazing is the progress your painting as made since those early works, pointed out by hanzz. Congratulations.

Bumble
05-05-2007, 04:52 AM
Lee thank You very Much..... :D :D
Tinzo thank you for the compliment...... :D :D

hanzz
05-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Dear Angelic..

It took me 5 years to get where I am now, before that I was in your corner.
THinking it would/could never happen. I was a mediocre artist at all levels, drawing painting, the lot...
My advise is to draw and paint and then draw and paint some more.
Only practise get's you where you want. Ask the folks here for tips or whatever you need at one point.
Someone will jump in and help yo out, or point you to it.
That's how I learned, that's how Bumble and a lot of others learned it too....did I said you must draw and paint more too ?

Just believe in yourself, and go for it, the rest will follow, eventually. :wink:
dive in ,head first.

D Akey
05-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Beautiful!

D.WilliamMills
05-05-2007, 01:46 PM
A Rose that Glows...Very Pretty.

Bill

maror
05-05-2007, 10:59 PM
i think you already know that your paining is just perfect :wink:

Congratz!