PDA

View Full Version : Last journey

CrossedLine
11-12-2017, 06:23 AM
This is a personal work about the life itself. Everyone has to master difficult tasks in their lives, some are harmless, some may become uncomfortable.

gxhpainter
11-14-2017, 07:19 AM
well done I like your use of text in the painting...

D Akey
11-14-2017, 08:10 AM
Very successful.

CrossedLine
11-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Thank you!

Hmmm, when i look at it, i think it looks a little bit to dangerous for the child. Possibly i rework it ;)

DarkOwnt
11-14-2017, 08:58 AM
Is the text indicative of something in English or in another language?

CrossedLine
11-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Sorry, my english is really not the best.

DarkOwnt
11-15-2017, 02:23 AM
Your English is fine! I meant the text in the painting... but now I see from your post title, (big hint!) that yes, the text in the picture does read "Last Journey".

Is the little girl dying and crossing into an afterlife?

"This world" is very beautiful, the hills the sky...

D Akey
11-15-2017, 08:08 AM
. . .Hmmm, when i look at it, i think it looks a little bit to dangerous for the child. Possibly i rework it ;)

I felt the same way at first glance, but since I don't know your personal tastes and intention with it, nor how young your intended audience, I didn't say anything. Some successful children's book writers like to shock.

Anyway, since you offered the question that it might be too dangerous feeling, I agree. Part of it might be that the black letters are so bold and incomplete and they block the beauty of the sunset with sharp, emphatic angles, and that gesturing hand through the door, it all feels ominous like losing one's ability to process information and the fear that goes along with it (in this picture).

If you want to test something, you might change the font to a script and use a harmonious color that flows with the sky and thus feels more like a gentle voice. That would imply a soft transition from one realm into the other. That's just a possible direction to settle it down if it suits your theme. I was thinking this is dealing with death and not merely a difficult situation, so I may have missed what you wanted to say with the image.

Just a thought.

CrossedLine
11-18-2017, 10:57 PM
... change the font to a script and use a harmonious color that flows with the sky and thus feels more like a gentle voice. That would imply a soft transition from one realm into the other. That's just a possible direction to settle it down if it suits your theme. I was thinking this is dealing with death and not merely a difficult situation, so I may have missed what you wanted to say with the image.

That's a good thought. The theme in the picture is a bit complex.

CrossedLine
11-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Is the little girl dying and crossing into an afterlife?

No, it should just be something threatening without it really being so.