View Full Version : Losing menus ...?

05-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Question ...

From time to time I'll be working on a drawing for awhile, when I'll go up to the menu and find that ALL the menu items in all the menus are greyed-out and unselectable. The only way to bring them back is to save (using command-s) and quit (using command-q), then reopen the file.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this, or anyone else seen it? Unfortunately it's not exactly reproducible at will and I haven't yet noticed any particular pattern of what causes it, other than that it usually happens after I've been working for a while.

Running Mac OS X 10.4.6 on a dual-G4 with 2GB of RAM, by the way.

05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
This sounds to me like a bug in the modality code. Basically, when a modal dialog appears inside ArtRage it disables the menus, and when that dialog vanishes it is meant to re-enable them. I have not found any problems with this yet but it's really sounding like that. Given that, can you think of any particular dialogues that are open before this happens?

05-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Off the top of my head I can't think of any specifics ... I'll try to keep an eye open and see if I can notice any particular pattern of what happens before I lose the menus.